Disappearing Games
(05-04-2018, 04:04 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Lol!

How old is he now?

He is turning 15 at the end of the month. I hope he makes it. Happy

-Z
(05-04-2018, 04:18 PM)Z Wrote: He is turning 15 at the end of the month. I hope he makes it. Happy

-Z

That's rough. Lol!!
(05-02-2018, 09:12 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Midway Games are often referred to as "Games of Skill" because there is usually a trick or skill to win the game. Hitting the base of the milk cans is a "no crap dummy" kind of thing or throwing the ball underhand and with a spin to get it into the milk can. I've known people who are just really good at Lagoon's games and would hit their season limit during pre season.

It's why I don't really view the games as being "rigged" in the traditional sense of the term - you can win them if you know how.  Yes, they're set up in such a way that adds a certain level of difficulty to them (i.e. in the "Shoot the hoops" style games, using a regulation-size basketball and a non-regulation size hoop, and then making you shoot from an odd angle to boot), but I'm sure that the people who run them would insist that they don't want to make the games too easy.

(05-04-2018, 01:35 PM)linearinduction Wrote: This is why a lot of parks refer to Lost Parents, because most of the time, it's the Parents who are actually lost and the Kids knew what they were doing. lol

I used to work retail, and that's the term a couple of the ladies who worked the customer service desk and I used to use as well.  Of course, we'd usually just use it between ourselves and the kid in an effort to help keep the kid calm.  We'd find out the kid's name if they were old enough to communicate it (there was the occasional time where the kid would be a toddler just old enough to walk but not quite old enough to answer the question "What's your name?"), and then we'd get on the store PA system and say something along the lines of "Would the party of so-and-so please come to the customer service desk?"
Has any one played the King of Thrones game? It made my wife and I laugh walking past it last night.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West