Disappearing Games
(04-29-2018, 03:13 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I doubt lagoon will at least for the foreseeable future stop allowing people to bring food in but what absolutely has got to happen soon is a security check. I cannot think of one other place that has that many people in it that will let you wheel in a large cooler ect. without it being examined.
You must have forgotten that after the stabbing in the early 90s, Lagoon is arguably the most surveiled park in the country, if not the World. Lagoon's infrastructure is literally unmatched.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-29-2018, 03:32 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You must have forgotten that after the stabbing in the early 90s, Lagoon is arguably the most surveiled park in the country, if not the World. Lagoon's infrastructure is literally unmatched.

It's true. There are cameras everywhere...most of the GP has no idea. They can follow a lost child across the entire park until assistance / parents arrive (with regular radio updates on position, etc.)
(04-29-2018, 08:07 PM)gregwibert Wrote: It's true. There are cameras everywhere...most of the GP has no idea. They can follow a lost child across the entire park until assistance / parents arrive (with regular radio updates on position, etc.)
Except the Park is also wired with Microphones as well.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
I never was suggesting that they are rigged, but that they can be perceived that way. I will probably never play the game where you need to get the ball into the milk cartoon lol
(04-29-2018, 12:57 PM)linearinduction Wrote: This year's prizes are quite good.

Which ones do you hope to win?
(04-29-2018, 10:07 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I never was suggesting that they are rigged, but that they can be perceived that way. I will probably never play the game where you need to get the ball into the milk cartoon lol
I apologise, as I mis-read your reply. They are most definitely percieved that way thanks to fairs and carnivals with actual rigged games. This being Utah, and very anti-gambling, I find it odd that the State Tax Commission would permit games, like those at the Utah State Fair which are physically rigged in the favor of the house, to operate. Oh wait, they just want money. MGM should just buy off our Churchislature and the State Tax Commission. I mean, they took all the fun out of race games at Lagoon several years ago by requiring Lagoon to install "Player Start Buttons," yet don't require the same at the Utah State Fair. One would think business dealings with them would be pleasant and simple, but nope! Roz from Monster's Inc. would be the happiest person in that office, by far!
(04-29-2018, 10:19 PM)Brăden Wrote: Which ones do you hope to win?
None! Why play the game when you can buy one from the warehouse for me at 1/2 the price?

They removed the carnival games several times in the early days of Saltair for the games being "rigged" and considered them "gambling."
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
One of Lagoon's past games managers suggested many of the games  are rigged so that's probably the main reason I perceive them to be. I agree with his view that they have redeeming qualities and are good fun even if they are rigged.

Quote:In Bushnell's mind, the carnival games were high-quality fun, even though many were scams. The two milk bottles at the bottom of the pyramid were weighted, he notes, making them nearly impossible to topple. How could rigged games be good games? Because of the social energy that swirled around them. Bushnell remembers the young couples and families and, especially, the groups of single young men and women looking to meet and using the games as a pretext. He also remembers the joy he took as barker – being quick with the joke, getting people to "step right up and give it a try," making sure everyone had fun.

https://www.wired.com/2005/10/bushnell/
Banana
Does anyone know many games are currently in operation? I'm thinking 30 to 40???
(04-30-2018, 09:24 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Does anyone know many games are currently in operation? I'm thinking 30 to 40???
27?