Themes for new Lagoon Rides..
If Lagoon were to build a coaster near or in PV, they could theme it to the Wild West.
(10-14-2018, 05:51 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If Lagoon were to build a coaster near or in PV, they could theme it to the Wild West.

Ya mean like this?

[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-14-2018, 05:51 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If Lagoon were to build a coaster near or in PV, they could theme it to the Wild West.

There has been the occasional suggestion of having a coaster in that area with a mine train theme.
(10-15-2018, 06:52 PM)Gregory Wrote: There has been the occasional suggestion of having a coaster in that area with a mine train theme.

Yes. That was part of the plan that was announced when Rattlesnake Rapids was added. I hope that it happens someday.
(10-15-2018, 08:16 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Yes. That was part of the plan that was announced when Rattlesnake Rapids was added. I hope that it happens someday.
From what I have seen first hand, the "Runaway Mine Train" predates the "River Rapids Ride" if I remember correctly, it was more of a preliminary overhead concept that looked nothing like an actual coaster. It was no where near the level of detail for the several plans for the "Lagoon River Rapid Ride" or the "Wooden Coaster/New Mini Golf/Hotel" plans. The literal area of the "Runaway Mine Train" was directly behind castle bathrooms where those terraces are currently. Maybe the area of Fire Dragon, but in a Square.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-15-2018, 09:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: From what I have seen first hand, the "Runaway Mine Train" predates the "River Rapids Ride" if I remember correctly, it was more of a preliminary overhead concept that looked nothing like an actual coaster. It was no where near the level of detail for the several plans for the "Lagoon River Rapid Ride" or the "Wooden Coaster/New Mini Golf/Hotel" plans. The literal area of the "Runaway Mine Train" was directly behind castle bathrooms where those terraces are currently. Maybe the area of Fire Dragon, but in a Square.

The wooden coaster/new mini golf/ hotel plans were sweet looking. Ambitious as well.

(10-15-2018, 10:20 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The wooden coaster/new mini golf/ hotel plans were sweet looking. Ambitious as well.
I still swear, hand to God, Silverwood got a hold of those plans for Timber Terror because they are so similar it's not even funny!

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-15-2018, 10:23 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I still swear, hand to God, Silverwood got a hold of those plans for Timber Terror because they are so similar it's not even funny!

Who knows, Timber Terror is a great ride. Lagoon really does need another wood coaster in their line up.

(10-15-2018, 10:27 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Who knows, Timber Terror is a great ride. Lagoon really does need another wood coaster in their line up.
Do you think Lagoon would go to the expense, maintenance and space requirement of another wood coaster? I would think in this day and age if they wanted another woodie they would build a hybrid.
(10-15-2018, 11:14 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Do you think Lagoon would go to the expense, maintenance and space requirement of another wood coaster? I would think in this day and age if they wanted another woodie they would build a hybrid.

I would like them too, but I'm not holding my breath either.