Lagoon News 2018 Single Day Pass Pricing
The prices for a single day at Lagoon are now live on Lagoon's website. Here is the breakdown:

Regular: $58.95
Senior Citizen: $52.95
Youth: $41.95

Prices have increased $3 per pass over last year for the regular pass and senior pass. The youth pass increased $2 this year. The full breakdown of 2018 prices has been updated on the wiki to reflect the latest update to Lagoon's website.

[Image: 9MEQH8P.png]
Crazy. I'm glad nobody besides a few unknowing people actually pay that price.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I don't think it's crazy at all, even if you do pay full price. Considering Lagoon has more rides and attractions than about 75% of parks in the country. It's crazy to think how close Lagoon is in the ride count to the largest parks in the country. Not to mention how many do not have a ride the same caliber as Cannibal. And after all, Lagoon is a Business, not a Charity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-09-2018, 09:44 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I don't think it's crazy at all, even if you do pay full price. Considering Lagoon has more rides and attractions than about 75% of parks in the country. It's crazy to think how close Lagoon is in the ride count to the largest parks in the country. Not to mention how many do not have a ride the same caliber as Cannibal. And after all, Lagoon is a Business, not a Charity.

Cannibal is awesome and is a top coaster and Lagoon is lucky to have it. Lagoon is a business and they need to cover costs and make a profit this we all know. But the price jumps in the last few years have been a little bit steep in my opinion. Lagoon and consumers of Utah are in need of competition in the amusement park industry here locally. This has been discussed here before and doesn't need to be rehashed. I was just stating my opinion that Lagoon is getting over priced on single day tickets.

They are trying to temper visitation with ticket prices. The last few years have indicated that there is enough demand, as evidenced by high visitation numbers, to support higher ticket prices. Oddly, there is a point where you can charge more and more and visitation keeps going up (see Land, Disney). Not to say that Lagoon is yet approaching Disneyland in cost or quality, but if they don't charge more, they leave money (that could be going toward improvements we keep asking for) on the table.

-Z
(01-10-2018, 12:38 PM)Z Wrote: They are trying to temper visitation with ticket prices. The last few years have indicated that there is enough demand, as evidenced by high visitation numbers, to support higher ticket prices. Oddly, there is a point where you can charge more and more and visitation keeps going up (see Land, Disney). Not to say that Lagoon is yet approaching Disneyland in cost or quality, but if they don't charge more, they leave money (that could be going toward improvements we keep asking for) on the table.

-Z

I completely agree. I think the demand is there for a 2nd park but that is a ton of money for anyone or company to invest and I don't see it happening sadly.

If there were indeed demand, Saltair and Saratoga Springs would still be open.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(01-10-2018, 07:36 PM)linearinduction Wrote: If there were indeed demand, Saltair and Saratoga Springs would still be open.

Utah's population has doubled since Saratoga closed and tripled since Saltair closed.
But had they been financially viable, they would have remained open.

(01-10-2018, 07:52 PM)linearinduction Wrote: But had they been financially viable, they would have remained open.

There are other factors. Maybe Saratoga could have recovered from the Flood, but it would have needed to start over from scratch, and another flood would wipe it out again. After the Great Salt Lake was divided in half and the salt content was all screwed up, the lake became the most putrid thing in the state. Nobody would ever want to go hang out there all day. Even if it had survived it would have been underwater in the 80's. Even Lagoon had to move due to its reliance on the lake, and that was before the lake was ruined. Moral of the story: Don't build your Utah amusement park next to a Lake.