Lagoon needs a B&M
I do like that Idea... in fact if planned correctly. The could build the water park and then add a dome or what ever later.
Something like Lego Lands water park would be repetitively inexpensive to build.

The biggest cost would be pouring the Cement/ digging the pools.
Moving the current water slides would give them time to refurb and make sure that they are ready to go (which can be done after the season is over)
Once LaB is moved that would make room for a ride that would give Pioneer village more meaning.
I am thinking of something like this B&M
, but instead of thunderbird it should be something themed around Pioneer village.
Which looking at the space on google maps looks like it would fit right in the spot where LaB sits now compared to google maps of Holiday world. Plus you can put in some flat rides/kiddy rides in the middle of thunderbird/what ever lagoon would want to call it (and if they ever had a public vote it would be called something mcface lol)
Here is how I would do it if I was a Lagoon rep in charge of things...it would be a 3 or 4 year project.
1st year would be laying the foundation, building the buildings for the water park (which i would make a parking lot for the water park right by the bend) giving hype to the next season for the water park. During the summer I would be doing things like "last rides" and or something to give people a "good bye" to LaB.
During the off season I would move any of the water slides that I would want to keep to the new park, plus add a few new water slides to the new water park while giving it a theme. For Utah I would do something around seasons... So I would have half the park as a winter (think ski resorts, which may be a little play off of Disney worlds water park) and the other part being summer (which would look a lot like lake Powell, maybe having a lazy/fast river that is just like Colorado river)
2 year would be playing up the water par and then also cross over into year 3
During year 3 I would be getting the old LaB area cleared out, dropping hints/rumors, but never releasing what is going to happen in that old area.
Year 4 would be building and setting up the new themed Coaster and possibly opening it year 4 or if needed year 5
Year 5 would be a big opening if not opened in year 4.

Doing this would give Lagoon time to spread out the cost of construction while building up hype for new attractions... having a new water park that would be able to fit more people into would also equal more ticket sales helping to purchase the construction of the new coaster.

I would love to ride a half pipe water ride and also a water coaster.
A big raft water attraction would be HUGE in Utah seeing as we have a lot of families lol.
Seeing a big half pipe water ride from I-15 would be awesome site.
A Thunderbird clone wouldn't fit in Lab's space. Doing just a very rough measurements LAB sits at a Width of 348 feet and a Length of 417 feet. Thunderbird at Holiday World at its widest point in 531 feet and its longest point is 605 feet. Now granted these measurements are very rough however but a clone of Thunderbird would not fit. Maybe something like X Flight at SFGAm but still its very doubtful. Lagoon has plenty of inversion filled coasters now. They need to focus on airtime. I think leaving Lab where its at is the best option. I wish a new walkway on the east side of kiddy land was possible but its not with out removing Lab or at the very least changing it.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West

This would be perfect I mean just take out double thunder raceway and put it there.
Wants 2 go 2 Busch Gardens     
Tampa and Virginia
Or any West Coast Theme park  Frown               

Video 
Hmm about that water park I think something like this would be good (Yes, The video is in dutch)

It can be a all season water park cause it is inside but for a outdoor one I would like this 

Wants 2 go 2 Busch Gardens     
Tampa and Virginia
Or any West Coast Theme park  Frown               

(02-21-2018, 02:19 PM)Spider003 Wrote:

This would be perfect I mean just take out double thunder raceway and put it there.

Not a bad idea. However Sky Coaster would be in the way.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West