Lagoon needs a B&M
(01-11-2018, 12:17 PM)LSMFAN Wrote: What company would they be more likely to go with? In house? Maurer?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

At this point it would be in-house for a steel coaster. A in-house woodie would be interesting, they do Roller Coasters maintenance in-house so I would trust an in house woodie. I would love for them to go with a GCI but Gravity Group would be good too. If they were to buy a steel Hyper/mega coaster from a company I would love to see a MACK at Lagoon. Their trains are very comfortable and the coasters are smooth!

EDIT: Wouldn't this be so cool at Lagoon though?

[Image: 986d79d115875e0a83d416bfb0fe51a3.png]
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
[Image: bf076020ac8d1ae1133f05b79ed7803c.png]

This is a B&M I am working on fitting in at Lagoon. The supports are not done yet as these are just filler to see how it looks.

Looks too unique and exciting to be an average B&M!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I know that this will not be popular and I would love another coaster too!

Lagoon needs to move it's Lagoonabeach and free up that area for other rides and at the same time they could have a separate entrance for the water park just like almost every single theme park has. This could boost their sales cause they can change Just for the water park, or be able to offer 2 day packages... IE one day to the park and one day to the water park.
I know that in just the last few years Silvercreek up in ID did something like that where they are able to more then make up the off set of the water park by making it separate.
Universal studios in FL complete rebuilt their water park cause they realize that it can manage a lot of guest with out the $$$$ that a roller coaster will cost.

Personally I think that they should make something to the north more for the water park. Moving the current stuff, giving more them to the water area. Then adding something like Krakatau Aqua Coaster from volcano bay, and upgraded lazy river like they have at volcano bay along with a drop shoot like Ko’okiri Body Plunge.
A wave pool would be fun, but I think that has been played out. How ever they could build a more kid friendly place for littler kids.

And then that space where all of Lagoonabeach is located could be used for a B&M or even a RMC
Maybe even make something that goes over the lake area like SheiKra where it actually kicks up water. They wouldn't even need to fill in some of the pools. If they just utilized them to get the much extra space for a dive that would be cool.
You forgot the kiddieland expansion that would happen as well in the old LAB area.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I remember when Lagoon-A-Beach required a separate fee or "Ride and Slide Pass" for the first couple of years it was open. Obviously, it made more sense to just up the gate price and include LAB, which is a far superior marketing tool.

I remember back when I worked for Cedar Point/Cedar Fair and several of their Water Parks did require a separate admission. Of those, only 2 remain separate. I even remember when several Paramount Parks had the same thing, and under Cedar Fair, are now Included. In fact, I think Cedar Point, Knott's, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags over Texas, the Herschend, Busch/Sea World Parks, Universal, and Disney are the only parks that do not include the water park with park admission, and usually only due to the distance. Silverwood also [still] includes Boulder Beach with admission. Obviously, as seen in the last dozen or so years, including water parks with admission has become the norm, due to the "extra" value to ticket prices.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(02-12-2018, 07:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Looks too unique and exciting to be an average B&M!

All of its sections are parts from other B&M's. One element in it is a B&M element that I've extended. It does take the best parts of B&M's and use them all in one ride.

(02-12-2018, 07:38 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I know that this will not be popular and I would love another coaster too!

Lagoon needs to move it's Lagoonabeach and free up that area for other rides and at the same time they could have a separate entrance for the water park just like almost every single theme park has. This could boost their sales cause they can change Just for the water park, or be able to offer 2 day packages... IE one day to the park and one day to the water park.
I know that in just the last few years Silvercreek up in ID did something like that where they are able to more then make up the off set of the water park by making it separate.
Universal studios in FL complete rebuilt their water park cause they realize that it can manage a lot of guest with out the $$$$ that a roller coaster will cost.

Personally I think that they should make something to the north more for the water park. Moving the current stuff, giving more them to the water area. Then adding something like Krakatau Aqua Coaster from volcano bay, and upgraded lazy river like they have at volcano bay along with a drop shoot like Ko’okiri Body Plunge.
A wave pool would be fun, but I think that has been played out. How ever they could build a more kid friendly place for littler kids.

And then that space where all of Lagoonabeach is located could be used for a B&M or even a RMC
Maybe even make something that goes over the lake area like SheiKra where it actually kicks up water. They wouldn't even need to fill in some of the pools. If they just utilized them to get the much extra space for a dive that would be cool.

Moving LAB is not an unpopular opinion. I wouldn't mind it being moved to the north however I would keep the admission tied to the admission ticket price for the dry park. IThe Land that would be opened up by moving LAB I woudln't want a huge coaster just slapped in there. Kiddyland needs some traffic flow improvements and a midway path along the backside of those rides would be awesome. Anyone with little kids in a stroller will whole hardheartedly agree (I spend most of my Lagoon days in Kiddyland).

I would like to see an RMC, GCI or GG at Lagoon. The first two more as they are generally smoother than GG. Both RMC and GCI install their wood coaster track with more precision than GG. A wood coaster in part of Lab and the Zoo location would be cool having it hop over the midway into PV.

Lagoon also has their own electrical plant on the north side of the LAB volleyball court. Wonder if that should stay? I think the building is used mostly for storage. They would need to refurbish a lot to actually generate electricity now.
(02-13-2018, 09:34 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Moving LAB is not an unpopular opinion.

I was just saying that it would be unpopular cause it would mean that they would have to hold off on putting in another coaster.

Lagoon needs to hire someone that can do more promotional marketing and out the box thinking to make extra money for things like these.
If they did start building a better water park that's at least a year of hype that they could work/play on... It may not be Star Wars land or Volcano Bay hype, but it would be plenty of hype here in Utah.
I would love to have a job like that, but I am afraid that I would ruffle too many feathers lol

For me adding a water park would/should be a separate ticket price (or at least something like a park hopper type of thing), but it should be included in a annual pass.

We didn't go to Lagoon last year (cause my wife's family paid for Disney Land and we put a lot of money into that), but we did go the year previously and our kids loved lagoon. Now this year they are going to be able to ride almost everything possible which is good for me and having purchased annual passes we are going to make every dollar worth it.

Lagoon gets a lot of flack for not having a "themeing" to it, but I don't know if that's really true. They are a family park and will always be that way and now that they are a little bigger now I think that it's about time they start being like the big boys. They need to add more rides like the big boys have and Cannibal was a good start, but they need to start doing things like Cider point where they have a Christmas event. I remember the days that Lagoon didn't have Frightmares, so that's a good thing. Also about them opening the last weekend of march seems to me a little late (for our weather this year that is) If they don't have all of the rides ready... That's fine... Open up to Annual pass holders. Shower us with appreciation. Give us the things that make us excited such as showing us how things work and going above an beyond. Sure you may not have a full staff in Feb, but I am sure that you have to train people to run rides and make food. I am happy enough to be that guinea pig and I am sure that everyone here would agree! Not only would we give feed back to help them improve, but if you allow annual pass holders to have early access you might get others that want in on that action too and purchase annual passes. This is also good cause work of mouth is worth more money then any advertisements.
It's a popular opinion to move the water park over a new coaster. A good water park is something Utah lacks, and if Lagoon made a full on water park, it would draw in HUGE crowds since the biggest water park right now is Seven Peaks in Provo, and there's not much there.

Cedar Point just started their Christmas Event, so it's actually a new thing the "big boy" parks are starting on, and I'm guaranteed Lagoon is looking into it. Christmas time in Utah is such a big deal, and Lagoon creating a Christmas Event would be profitable if done right.

Lagoon has themed each and every ride since 1997 with Rattlesnake Rapids, on giving a small theme to Rocket and a vague theme of oil barrels to Wicked. Outside of that, every ride has been themed to be over the top. Even Terrorride got a rebrand this year which knocks the socks off MANY other dark rides out there besides Disney and Universal, respectively.
Also, Lagoon has more coasters than most Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks, and is the largest family owned amusement park with 10 coasters. No other independently owned park has that many, and we have one of the biggest collections of rides out there, with the biggest kid section in the country. Only one park has more small kid coasters than us, and that's Six Flags Magic Mountain. We tie with Cedar Point in that department. Lagoon has been stepping it up for decades now to be with the "big boys," and with the rumored water coaster/water ride/whatever it will be coming around in the upcoming years, I say Lagoon is a big boy park with small park charm, it just doesn't have themed areas which people find tacky for some reason.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk