Lagoon needs a B&M
(01-10-2018, 07:10 PM)Spider003 Wrote: Found this weird photo of a ZacSpin  with Lagoon in the background
[Image: hersheypark_frequentfaller_1.jpg]

I'd love to start a rumor that this is a picture of Wicked in its early design stages. Happy
(01-10-2018, 07:39 PM)linearinduction Wrote: That is a Frequent Faller from Interactive Rides. Hershey Park was going to install one years ago, and wisely backed out of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
One of the best calls a park has ever made was them backing out of that. I remember when that image came out and how everyone was excited for it to be coming to lagoon. I was not one of them because it looks eh at best lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
That and the fact Interactive Rides jacked up the price by 1.2 Million after the contract was signed. Hershey Park wasn't having it.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Was this made before Wicked was built or are they suggesting it replace Wicked? It looks really familiar.
(01-10-2018, 09:35 PM)Brăden Wrote: Was this made before Wicked was built or are they suggesting it replace Wicked? It looks really familiar.

It's pre-Wicked. It caused some people to wonder if it was really happening when it was first done. The likely reason is that somebody from Interactive Rides of Logan, UT just drove to the nearest amusement park to get a picture for the backdrop of their promotional material.
Interactive Rides just superimposed their Frequent Faller on a generic photo of Lagoon. It was 2004 or 2005 that Hershey was going to build one.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(01-10-2018, 11:11 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Interactive Rides just superimposed their Frequent Faller on a generic photo of Lagoon. It was 2004 or 2005 that Hershey was going to build one.

It was 2004.

To open in 2005 if I remember correctly.

The idea of Lagoon getting a B&M is near impossible. But regardless I still think Lagoon needs a steel airtime coaster or more a wood airtime filled coaster to add to their great lineup.

(01-11-2018, 12:13 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The idea of Lagoon getting a B&M is near impossible. But regardless I still think Lagoon needs a steel airtime coaster or more a wood airtime filled coaster to add to their great lineup.

What company would they be more likely to go with? In house? Maurer?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk