Lagoon needs a B&M
Admit they do
Please elaborate. Which model? Where do you think it should be placed at Lagoon? etc.

I was at Cedar Point over July 4th. Rode their B&M coasters.

Very sweet Smile
I totally agree that Lagoon would be very well served by a suspended B&M, to be placed on the North end of the park, either in the employee lot or as a replacement for Double Thunder. If they were to make the employee lot the main lot then they could also put it in the current lot. It should have at least some interaction with the midway too. It would be great if it didn't follow Lagoon's general rule of segregating each ride into its own footprint with no interaction with anything else. I think with the attendance they're getting it would make a lot of sense and they could afford to do it as a very major project.
If they made the main parking lot the north / employee lot... they would have a ton of room for additional coasters in the existing west parking lot. Who honestly would care about additional noise so close to I-15? Plus those new rides would be closer to maintenance so they should be able to keep them going! lol
I know I'm dreaming, but how cool would a B&M hyper be at lagoon? I'd LOVE to see that eventually. But, a thrilling inverted coaster (NO VEKOMA) would be awesome. (Raptor, Batman the Ride, etc.)
I've wanted Lagoon to get a B&M for years. The sound their coasters make is incredible. Bring on the cobra roll!
The only B&M I would want at Lagoon is one of their hyper models with at least a 200' lift. My reasoning behind this is it only has lap-bars. I detest OTSR's. I haven't had a chance to try the new vest restraints yet and will hold judgement until I do there but B&M's OTSR's are too confining.

Lagoon needs a good long airtime filled coaster and a B&M hyper would fill that void as well. Though I would rather see a MACK Hyper like DC Rivals come to Lagoon.

EDIT: But ya know, Why not a B&M at Lagoon
[Image: 9a314a9ff9a317c1fc0fa5e654b1dc34.png]
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I will admit you stole my profile idea lol jk, but yes, I would LOVE a BM!
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
I realistically cant see it happening just because they have a niche for in-house coasters, and believe that is what will be happening from now on until management changes. However, an inverted B&M would be absolutely AMAZING at Lagoon. A hyper, I guess? But I think they consider Cannibal their hyper coaster, (mega coaster,) so why have two over 200 feet when they don't even have two between 100 and 200 feet?

With them now getting into the launched scene with their coasters, imagine a launched invert from B&M at Lagoon??? That would be HEAVEN!!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(01-08-2018, 11:35 PM)RCF Wrote: I realistically cant see it happening just because they have a niche for in-house coasters, and believe that is what will be happening from now on until management changes. However, an inverted B&M would be absolutely AMAZING at Lagoon. A hyper, I guess? But I think they consider Cannibal their hyper coaster, (mega coaster,) so why have two over 200 feet when they don't even have two between 100 and 200 feet?

With them now getting into the launched scene with their coasters, imagine a launched invert from B&M at Lagoon??? That would be HEAVEN!!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I agree that realistically it won't happen. Lagoon does well with the inhouse creations but they need to expand those creations from 2-3 row cars to a train, granted they did a train on Bombora and that is excellent but I want them to do a coaster with a full train that is filled with airtime as a B&M Hyper is. Inverted coasters are over rated in my opinion. If B&M would make lapbar restraints on their inverts then I'd be more of a fan of them which the vest restraints look more comfortable but those are new and I haven't tried them out yet.

If Lagoon were to get a B&M Hyper somewhere in the 250-299 range I don't feel it would replace Cannibal in anyway as they would be nothing alike. Cannibal's drop is spectacular and a B&M wouldn't have a beyond vertical drop. A B&M Hyper would also fill a void in Lagoon's coaster line up and that is an airtime machine. You might be saying well Roller Coaster has airtime and that it does and pretty decent airtime.  But we know Lagoon can do awesome coasters with inversions, I think they need to branch out now and either go for a wood airtime coaster or a steel hyper.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West