Lagoon's most needed improvement...
So lets start a conversation here about what we all think Lagoon should be focusing on as an improvement to the park. I'm not taking about what rides they need to add to their line up but if that's what you think is their most needed improvement that's okay but I'm talking about other improvements besides rides such as refurbishments needs, areas of the park that have been neglected for awhile.

My thought is that Lagoon needs to come up with a new Auto-gate location and re configuration. As part of this the park needs to re configure its parking situation as the number of guests is not slowing anytime soon and Lagoon's parking infrastructure can no longer handle the traffic it does.

What is your thought on Lagoon's next area to focus on besides rides?
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I agree that it is time to move the auto gate. They have frequent backups onto the frontage road, resulting in long left turn lanes to enter from the north and some dangerous interactions. I don't know of accidents, but they are over the capacity of those gates and have no more room to make them bigger. They should probably couple these improvements with additional entry gates, as I have had it take 10 minutes or more with all gates open to enter the park on a busy Saturday. They could leave the existing entry in place and add a second one on the north end.

-Z
Last year I saw it backed up all the way up the frontage road and onto Park Lane to the overpass. Would it be better or worse to have two auto gates? Keep one near the Campground (with a separate entrance for the campground) for those coming from the south and after expanding the lot to the north, one near Park Lane.

Getting out of the park at closing is another big problem. Especially for guests in overflow parking when they don't allow you to exit through the main lot.
This may not be what Lagoon needs most, but this is what I would do if I could, it also involves rides.

Try and transform Lagoon into a theme park. Create several different 'lands': The Classic American Midway, The German Fair (south midway), Puff's Paradise (kiddieland), The Pirate Lagoon, The Mysterious Jungle (north midway) and Pioneer Village. These areas could be themed with facades and other details.

Add some interactive experiences to Pioneer Village and keep it open the same hours as the rest of the park.

Take certain rides and re-imagine them, transforming them into theme park-like attractions.
  • Rattlesnake Rapids; Create an old-west themed story through animatronics/props.
  • Wild Kingdom Train; take out the animals and create a series of waterfalls and tunnels, crystal caves and a painted desert.
  • Wicked; Make the ground surface look like another planet, enclose the second half of the ride and put in a cool light show, call it "Wicked Space".
Add a 'Downtown Disney' or 'Citywalk' Like area just outside the park with some restaurants and a hotel. Build some cabins in the campground.

Three new rides:
  •  The lagoon; a piloted boat ride through the Lagoon, past the pirate's cove
  • Pioneer Village Shootout; an interactive dark ride in Pioneer Village
  • (Unnamed project); a dark ride that ties the existing hodge-podge of 'themed' attractions and 2d characters at the park into a comprehensive story... I'm working on designing this to present it to the park for consideration.
Edit: The thing I think they really need to do, which would help with the parking situation as well, is to build some sort of transportation system from the Frontrunner station to the park, a monorail, people-mover, aerial tram, or anything that would work.
How bout new trains on Bat? Something to make it smoother at least!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
(12-30-2017, 06:47 PM)LSMFAN Wrote: How bout new trains on Bat? Something to make it smoother at least!

There are now trains available for Bat that do not have over the shoulder restraints. If Lagoon got them they would make the park OTSR-free. But it's a million-ish dollars that the park probably doesn't want to spend when they don't really need to. Then again, I hear Lagoon does get new trains for another coaster from time to time, so who knows?
(12-30-2017, 07:38 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: There are now trains available for Bat that do not have over the shoulder restraints. If Lagoon got them they would make the park OTSR-free. But it's a million-ish dollars that the park probably doesn't want to spend when they don't really need to. Then again, I hear Lagoon does get new trains for another coaster from time to time, so who knows?

I really hope they do eventually. Not that I ride bat a lot, but it would be nice to have lap bats. Honestly if cannibal doesn’t need lap bars, nothing does.