Off-season construction
(01-03-2018, 02:45 AM)RCF Wrote: I don't remember.her the stones that surround the outside of the tarp. They look too big to be what's holding down the tarp.

Yeah, I don't know what they are, but I think they are some kind of equipment, There are rectangle ones and hexagons. I don't think they're meant to stay there. There is also some sort of framework inside the fountain area holding the plastic sheeting off the ground. I've got no idea what it's all about.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=693]

(12-25-2017, 07:57 PM)pbrandoj Wrote: It would have been in the area circled below. It definitely looked like something quite a bit different than the typical off season construction.

I don't know what it was you were seeing, but I saw no major construction in or near that area today. There were pallets of conduit sitting in that area. There was some construction going on right next to the hotel (outside of Lagoon), but that's about it.

Hydro-Luge's slides have been disassembled, each piece capped, and it was all placed near the road. I guess at least the slide part has some kind of future somewhere else maybe?

A bunch of tree trimming was done at the campground, and I think they may be expanding it a little, and they are definitely running power all around it. They were breaking up the concrete pad Screamer sat on and had a big crane lifting the chunks into a truck or something.

Couldn't get a view of Dracula's Castle, so I know nothing there Frown

Although there's nothing that interesting going on there, I feel like special attention might be being paid to this area:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=694]

That seems to be where the previously seen electrical line  has been run to... and it's just kind of fenced off with weird random things, and has some temporary buildings (trailers) around it. Not too familiar with the area so maybe it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is definitely not normal for that area east of Hydro-Luge.

They are most likely adding more RV friendly sites to that side of the campground like they've been doing the past couple off seasons.
Although anybody could find this from the home page during daylight, I'll point out what's under the tarp.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=695]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just stopped by to share the same picture. Looks like you beat me by 19 minutes! Happy
(01-07-2018, 09:49 AM)Willenator Wrote: I just stopped by to share the same picture. Looks like you beat me by 19 minutes! Happy

Hehe, sorry bout that. I think it was uncovered yesterday too so I figured nobody was going to notice. I'm guessing that means a full refurbishment as if it was a new install, and maybe even an upgrade.
(01-07-2018, 10:03 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Hehe, sorry bout that. I think it was uncovered yesterday too so I figured nobody was going to notice. I'm guessing that means a full refurbishment as if it was a new install, and maybe even an upgrade.
I'm glad this is happening. Hopefully the shows come back.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West