Off-season construction
(12-27-2017, 05:35 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: There's also now a Hilton (I believe) over at Station Park, but... it ain't cheap.  I tried getting a room there on a night where I might have paid ~$120 at the Hampton (they were sold out, though), and the same night for a comparable accommodation over at the Hilton was ~$250.

The hotel at Station Park is a Hyatt Place. They are a mid-level hotel, but this one is pretty busy due to Plural Sight and Vista Outdoor having their corporate headquarters in the same complex, along with the shopping and restaurants.

As far as what you will see from Farmington City, they have an agreement with Lagoon that allows a lot of their improvements to pass below the radar, since the uses are conforming uses for the zoning of the park. They would not go through City Council unless they are particularly extreme. At this point, they have approval for virtually anything they would want to build, ride-wise. A hotel would be a non-conforming use though and would require council approval. With the two hotels in Farmington though, I can't see an in-park hotel ever happening now.

-Z
(12-27-2017, 11:06 AM)Z Wrote: The hotel at Station Park is a Hyatt Place. They are a mid-level hotel, but this one is pretty busy due to Plural Sight and Vista Outdoor having their corporate headquarters in the same complex, along with the shopping and restaurants.

As far as what you will see from Farmington City, they have an agreement with Lagoon that allows a lot of their improvements to pass below the radar, since the uses are conforming uses for the zoning of the park. They would not go through City Council unless they are particularly extreme. At this point, they have approval for virtually anything they would want to build, ride-wise. A hotel would be a non-conforming use though and would require council approval. With the two hotels in Farmington though, I can't see an in-park hotel ever happening now.

-Z

Makes sense they would have some degree of freedom of building structures at the park. Otherwise it would be annoying to have to get every little thing approved.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-27-2017, 11:15 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Makes sense they would have some degree of freedom of building structures at the park. Otherwise it would be annoying to have to get every little thing approved.

I didn't see anything when I drove by on Christmas but I was in the southbound lane. Maybe it's a show building for a new ride?
(12-27-2017, 11:15 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Makes sense they would have some degree of freedom of building structures at the park. Otherwise it would be annoying to have to get every little thing approved.

I think my post may have been a little misleading. They still have to get building permits and approvals for structures, but they don't need to go before the City Council as a matter of public record, since they exist as a conforming use. Even if they did have to go before the Council, they can keep it quiet through confidentiality agreements. It is common practice for businesses looking to locate in an area to require confidentiality from City Planners and councils.

-Z
[Image: attachment.php?aid=692]
Does anything in this pic seem out of the ordinary?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Interesting to say the least. I've never seen them cover it in the winter. Maybe it is getting some much needed love as it is 13 years old. I would love if they got rid of the walls around it. With out the high pressure shows the walls are just an annoyance.

Looks like the games behind it are getting some love too.

I'm crossing my fingers that they are fixing the fountain and will being back the water shows after seeing the picture!
(12-29-2017, 12:38 PM)Willenator Wrote: I'm crossing my fingers that they are fixing the fountain and will being back the water shows after seeing the picture!

I would like that. If not hopefully the walls are taken down.

I hope they fix the touch sensors that they have around the fountain.
I don't remember.her the stones that surround the outside of the tarp. They look too big to be what's holding down the tarp.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk