Off-season construction
Flew into town and was taking frontrunner up to Ogden and as we passed lagoon it looked like there was some decent sized construction or buildings going up in the area between the freeway marquee and cannibal. Anyone know what this is?
I always end up driving past in the dark, and as much as I'm tempted to look over and check it out, I think "was trying to see what was going on at Lagoon" won't be a good excuse when I fly off the Legacy to I-15 connector ramp. I might have to try & go do a drive-by this weekend.

To be clear, you're talking about new construction, not already-existing buildings, right? There's already the Maintenance Shop (where the electronic marquee is), the Merch office, and the Rides office right there adjacent to the parking lot. Is this stuff intermixed in those, or north of that (i.e. up in the old racetrack/employee parking lot)?
It would have been in the area circled below. It definitely looked like something quite a bit different than the typical off season construction.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-25-2017, 07:57 PM)pbrandoj Wrote: It would have been in the area circled below. It definitely looked like something quite a bit different than the typical off season construction.

When I drove passed yesterday afternoon that area did look pretty bare. I need to go and stop to take a look. Thats the marketing office.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
They need a hotel. I've been poking around the Farmington City Council packets but I haven't found anything yet. Anybody know what kinds of things they do/do not need city council approval for?
(12-25-2017, 10:42 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: They need a hotel. I've been poking around the Farmington City Council packets but I haven't found anything yet. Anybody know what kinds of things they do/do not need city council approval for?
I'm sure most things would need approval. I know in my city any building over 200 square feet has to have city approval.

I'm surprised Marketing isn't in the Annex.

I'm also surprised the Rides Office isn't near employee parking. The rides folks in charge have to walk out to the rides office then back to employee parking to go home. Seems inconvenient.

I think the closest hotel is the new Hampton on Park. Anyone know if Lagoon has a deal with them for "stay / play" at the park? The Lagoon and Cherry Hill campgrounds are also choices for nightly accommodation.
Marketing moved out of that building a few years ago. It's just interview offices now.
(12-26-2017, 05:23 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I'm surprised Marketing isn't in the Annex.

I'm also surprised the Rides Office isn't near employee parking. The rides folks in charge have to walk out to the rides office then back to employee parking to go home. Seems inconvenient.

I think the closest hotel is the new Hampton on Park. Anyone know if Lagoon has a deal with them for "stay / play" at the park? The Lagoon and Cherry Hill campgrounds are also choices for nightly accommodation.
I agree rides office placement. Its always been weird to me but eh. Especially when I worked in the area around rocket had to walk out there to clock out and then walk back to the employee parking that is super close to rocket lol. Once I was promoted and got a parking spot next to the rides office it wasn't so bad lol.

(12-26-2017, 06:53 PM)Brăden Wrote: Marketing moved out of that building a few years ago. It's just interview offices now.

Ah cool good to know. Hopefully what ever they are doing its to improve traffic flow.

(12-26-2017, 05:23 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I'm surprised Marketing isn't in the Annex.

One thing to remember about the Rides office and employee parking:  employee parking hasn't always been where it is now, and all employees != Rides employees.  It used to be much closer to where the Rides office is.  When I worked there, I never thought it was too far.

The Hampton Inn over on Park Lane does offer discounts on Lagoon passes for guests in the summer, but I think they're on par with other local discounts.  Still though, for out-of-towners, not a bad option if they decide to go to the park for a day.  They definitely get a lot of park-goers as guests, from my anecdotal experience.  FWIW, I've always enjoyed staying there... it's a good price for a really nice room, makes a nice stay-cation.

There's also now a Hilton (I believe) over at Station Park, but... it ain't cheap.  I tried getting a room there on a night where I might have paid ~$120 at the Hampton (they were sold out, though), and the same night for a comparable accommodation over at the Hilton was ~$250.