Least Favourite ride and why?
(12-30-2017, 07:17 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: When the powers that be at Lagoon created an account in 2015 to threaten those leaking Cannibal pictures, they were not at all discreet about it. The guy who did Terroride re-imagined and Seance isn't very discreet with his username either, though he only lurks and doesn't post. It's fair to assume that most everybody high up at Lagoon knows about this place. From what I gather they don't really like it but they tolerate it. I think it's a lost opportunity for them. They're not checking every day, but they are definitely having a look. I don't think their aim is to get ideas from us, but sometimes a good idea is a good idea no matter where it came from.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if LIF is well-known among the Lagoon Powers That Be, but, as an example, consider how unpopular Cliffhanger is around here, just in this thread alone (far more than anything that I've seen on Rock-O-Plane and Paratrooper combined).  Doing a quick forum search, I've found multiple posts dating all the way back to 2005 from people calling for its removal, and that was even before Lagoon stopped using Music Theater (the idea now being that Lagoon could remove both at once for more space than they'd have by removing either one of those alone).  Yet Cliffhanger is still here.

So I hope you can see why I'm of the viewpoint that a single "I'd like to see Lagoon get rid of such-and-such an attraction" comment is not in any way, shape or form even remotely a death sentence for the attraction in question (or at least when that comment comes from someone like me, who has no authority with Lagoon; now, if said comment were to come from someone established as having such authority, it's time for fans of said attraction to start speaking up for it, but until then...).  If either Rock-O-Plane or Paratrooper were to be removed any times soon (barring any sort of sudden catastrophic damage), believe me, I'd be the most surprised person here.
A ride sucking is not a good reason to get rid of it if people still ride it and it's cost effective. There would be no reason for them to listen to our opinions of the rides to decide which ones to keep. That's all about economics, safety and space.

I pointed out possible racial connotations of the dancing man in the Terroride mural in June 2008. The mural was removed for the 2010 season. When it came back in 2017, the dancing man was absent. There were no publicly known complaints about the dancing man. I can't say for sure that I had something to do with it, but it's kinda weird to me.

Some of Lagoon's official descriptions of the rides on their web site were stolen from this site, that one is easy to demonstrate. I don't think their idea for a Lagoon History Wall was entirely original either. We can't tell them exactly what to do, but I think we can have an effect at times for better or worse.

Edit: I propose that we lay out specific ideas for the park in bold in our signatures, just to see if any of them stick.
Click here for eternal salvation.

(12-31-2017, 04:17 AM)Gregory Wrote: Again, I wouldn't be surprised if LIF is well-known among the Lagoon Powers That Be, but, as an example, consider how unpopular Cliffhanger is around here, just in this thread alone (far more than anything that I've seen on Rock-O-Plane and Paratrooper combined).  Doing a quick forum search, I've found multiple posts dating all the way back to 2005 from people calling for its removal, and that was even before Lagoon stopped using Music Theater (the idea now being that Lagoon could remove both at once for more space than they'd have by removing either one of those alone).  Yet Cliffhanger is still here.

So I hope you can see why I'm of the viewpoint that a single "I'd like to see Lagoon get rid of such-and-such an attraction" comment is not in any way, shape or form even remotely a death sentence for the attraction in question (or at least when that comment comes from someone like me, who has no authority with Lagoon; now, if said comment were to come from someone established as having such authority, it's time for fans of said attraction to start speaking up for it, but until then...).  If either Rock-O-Plane or Paratrooper were to be removed any times soon (barring any sort of sudden catastrophic damage), believe me, I'd be the most surprised person here.

Cliffhanger is a garbage ride and has been since day one. I've been the supervisor over Cliffhanger and know its garbage from personal exprience. Ive been the supervisor over Rocko too and its such a simple ride to operate and maintain along with the fact the land it occupies would be hard to re use for a new ride. I dont see rocko going anywhere and dont understand that hate for it. Paratrooper is like rocko its easy to operate and the land it occupies would require more work to re use it then I think the park would want to do.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-31-2017, 07:49 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Cliffhanger is a garbage ride and has been since day one. I've been the supervisor over Cliffhanger and know its garbage from personal exprience. Ive been the supervisor over Rocko too and its such a simple ride to operate and maintain along with the fact the land it occupies would be hard to re use for a new ride. I dont see rocko going anywhere and dont understand that hate for it. Paratrooper is like rocko its easy to operate and the land it occupies would require more work to re use it then I think the park would want to do.

"Hate" is a very strong word.  I'm not crazy about either Rock-O-Plane or Paratrooper because they are rather on the simple side of things and have that "traveling carnival" feel (the kind of place that's only set up for a week or two in any location, and you don't really have any high hopes over), and I just kind of feel that Lagoon could do better.

But of course, as I've mentioned before, this thread is a list that falls under the general category of "what we'd like to see happen at Lagoon," and such a list isn't necessarily going to be the same as "what we think is likely to occur at Lagoon."

We've all gone over legitimate reasons as to why rides like Rock-O-Plane and Paratrooper are going to stay around for a good long time to come - they can fit into smaller spots, they're easy to operate and maintain, and they're popular enough.  That doesn't mean that we're all obligated to love them, but at the same time, that (as Jetstar2 noted) that dislike alone certainly isn't going to be the basis for anything's removal, especially (as I've noted) that is pretty much coming from a single individual.
I know Lagoon does a good job inspecting their rides but what scares me about rock o plane and paratrooper are their age. They are both so old I'd think metal fatigue should be a real concern.
(12-31-2017, 04:10 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I know Lagoon does a good job inspecting their rides but what scares me about rock o plane and paratrooper are their age. They are both so old I'd think metal fatigue should be a real concern.

It's not just visual inspection that maintenance does.  Lagoon also does NDT inspection of their rides; if there were a problem with metal fatigue or cracks, they'd find it & fix it before it became a problem.  Definitely not something I'm ever worried about at Lagoon.  Now, if it was a Rock-o at a county fair or traveling carnival, you'd bet your hoo-hah I wouldn't step foot on it for that reason, but never a worry at Lagoon.
(12-31-2017, 06:00 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: It's not just visual inspection that maintenance does.  Lagoon also does NDT inspection of their rides; if there were a problem with metal fatigue or cracks, they'd find it & fix it before it became a problem.  Definitely not something I'm ever worried about at Lagoon.  Now, if it was a Rock-o at a county fair or traveling carnival, you'd bet your hoo-hah I wouldn't step foot on it for that reason, but never a worry at Lagoon.

The rides at the annual Clinton Carnival and/or Roy Days wiggle too much for my comfort. I agree with you.