Least Favourite ride and why?
(12-24-2017, 12:03 AM)RCF Wrote: I personally think DTR is still a good profitable ride, but not enough for two tracks. I say tear it down and make one track with electric go-karts that only uses half the space. Then make that area more accessible so people can reach the temples easier.

Cliffhanger needs to go. Its considered a thrill ride but has been operating like a wet Ferris wheel. Plus we have seen the major downtime it's had since it opened. If only the landscaping could be saved for whatever would replace it.

An unpopular opinion would be Log Flume. The capacity is WAY too small for Lagoon and the one drop it has isn't worth the long wait it always has. Maybe expand and build a new one with a better capacity, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I would agree with taking out the log flume. I went there on a not very busy day in August, and the line was at least 45 minutes. (Could have got lots of rides on Cannibal in that time). Anyways, you all know how it rides. A couple of turns then a mediocre drop. I would like a new flume, or for it to be gone.
This may be a unpopular opinion but SCREW SAMURAI Mad .
I remember riding it back in 04 with my sister and I did not enjoy it I have not rode it ever since.
I say use the samurai area for the new rumored Roller Coaster witch is supposed to come to Lagoon and replace were hydro luge is.
Samurai is way to popular nof a ride, they have also been replacing the electrical system on it. The ride probably be around quite a while.
(12-24-2017, 01:28 PM)Gregory Wrote: Of course, the thing to remember is that these types of discussions (on what we'd like to see happen as far as either additions or removals) are really just hypothetical, since none of us (at least to the best of my knowledge) have any say in what Lagoon actually does.  I imagine that if we were to do comparative lists on what we'd like to see happen at Lagoon vs. what we think is likely to actually occur at Lagoon, they'd be two somewhat different lists.

I know these discussions are hypothetical, but for a funny reason, it seems that when certain suggestions are made here, at some point a season or two down the road, those suggestions begin to be implemented. While this could generally be considered coincidence, since sometimes the suggestions are things that are easily noticeable or are things that you could generally say are a good idea, over the years I have seen some hyper specific things be brought up for the advertising or for park improvements and they have happened. I don't think some of these were coincidence at all. I believe that this forum serves as a free park improvement sounding board for "those who can do something about it" at times.

-Z
I agree. I've seen a lot of "coincidences" too.
(12-26-2017, 06:40 PM)Z Wrote: I know these discussions are hypothetical, but for a funny reason, it seems that when certain suggestions are made here, at some point a season or two down the road, those suggestions begin to be implemented. While this could generally be considered coincidence, since sometimes the suggestions are things that are easily noticeable or are things that you could generally say are a good idea, over the years I have seen some hyper specific things be brought up for the advertising or for park improvements and they have happened. I don't think some of these were coincidence at all. I believe that this forum serves as a free park improvement sounding board for "those who can do something about it" at times.

-Z

Agreed. Win
(12-26-2017, 12:45 PM)Wicked07 Wrote: This may be a unpopular opinion but SCREW SAMURAI Mad .
I remember riding it back in 04 with my sister and I did not enjoy it I have not rode it ever since.
I say use the samurai area for the new rumored Roller Coaster witch is supposed to come to Lagoon and replace were hydro luge is.

I agree. The two Mondial rides are the worst. The difference is that there are apparently people who like Samurai, while I'm pretty sure absolutely nobody likes Cliffhanger. I say replace Cliffhanger with a Autopia-type car ride and replace Samurai with a magic carpet ride.

(12-26-2017, 06:40 PM)Z Wrote: I know these discussions are hypothetical, but for a funny reason, it seems that when certain suggestions are made here, at some point a season or two down the road, those suggestions begin to be implemented. While this could generally be considered coincidence, since sometimes the suggestions are things that are easily noticeable or are things that you could generally say are a good idea, over the years I have seen some hyper specific things be brought up for the advertising or for park improvements and they have happened. I don't think some of these were coincidence at all. I believe that this forum serves as a free park improvement sounding board for "those who can do something about it" at times.

-Z

I've seen enough things over the years to know that we can affect what happens at the park somehow. If we couldn't I probably would have a lot less to say. Still, I don't see the Lagoon Museuem... yet.

-Z

Believe me, I'd love to be able to claim that I personally have the kind of sway with Lagoon that my viewpoint alone would be enough to enact the kinds of changes we're talking about in these discussions - but alas, that's not something I can lay claim to (well, not legitimately, anyway).  While I wouldn't be surprised in the least if some of the Lagoon Powers That Be lurk around on sites like this (and may even be discreetly creating accounts here to perhaps gage our feelings on certain things that are up for their consideration), I am most certainly not one of them by any means, nor do I know any of them.

Besides the limited space issues for Rock-O-Plane and Paratrooper that I mentioned earlier, they (from what little I've admittedly seen for both rides) are still popular enough that as long as that popularity remains and they remain in reasonable working order, I don't see how Lagoon would really have any real reason to decide to remove either.  Right now, I'd imagine that keeping them around is far more beneficial than going to the effort of removing then and then finding something else that may or may not be any "better" than they are.
(12-30-2017, 06:41 PM)Gregory Wrote: Believe me, I'd love to be able to claim that I personally have the kind of sway with Lagoon that my viewpoint alone would be enough to enact the kinds of changes we're talking about in these discussions - but alas, that's not something I can lay claim to (well, not legitimately, anyway).  While I wouldn't be surprised in the least if some of the Lagoon Powers That Be lurk around on sites like this (and may even be discreetly creating accounts here to perhaps gage our feelings on certain things that are up for their consideration), I am most certainly not one of them by any means, nor do I know any of them.

Besides the limited space issues for Rock-O-Plane and Paratrooper that I mentioned earlier, they (from what little I've admittedly seen for both rides) are still popular enough that as long as that popularity remains and they remain in reasonable working order, I don't see how Lagoon would really have any real reason to decide to remove either.  Right now, I'd imagine that keeping them around is far more beneficial than going to the effort of removing then and then finding something else that may or may not be any "better" than they are.

When the powers that be at Lagoon created an account in 2015 to threaten those leaking Cannibal pictures, they were not at all discreet about it. The guy who did Terroride re-imagined and Seance isn't very discreet with his username either, though he only lurks and doesn't post. It's fair to assume that most everybody high up at Lagoon knows about this place. From what I gather they don't really like it but they tolerate it. I think it's a lost opportunity for them. They're not checking every day, but they are definitely having a look. I don't think their aim is to get ideas from us, but sometimes a good idea is a good idea no matter where it came from.
(12-30-2017, 07:17 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: When the powers that be at Lagoon created an account in 2015 to threaten those leaking Cannibal pictures, they were not at all discreet about it. The guy who did Terroride re-imagined and Seance isn't very discreet with his username either, though he only lurks and doesn't post. It's fair to assume that most everybody high up at Lagoon knows about this place. From what I gather they don't really like it but they tolerate it. I think it's a lost opportunity for them. They're not checking every day, but they are definitely having a look. I don't think their aim is to get ideas from us, but sometimes a good idea is a good idea no matter where it came from.

Hey lagoon! Giga 2018!!!! Hahaha

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk