Frightmares 1995 - 2005
I need some information about Lagoons frightmares like the opening dates and closing dates of the mazes thru 1995 and 2005 because I do not really remember much of old frightmares except the Updot room in the labyrinth and some beetlejuice actor in 06 thank you Happy (Ps this is for a project)
Here's a little info to get you started.

http://wiki.lagoonisfun.com/index.php?title=Frightmares

We have a tendency to "over share" on LIF, so just remember You Asked For It.  (joking!)  Laugh
What's the project?
(12-12-2017, 10:08 PM)Brăden Wrote: What's the project?

History project for the class I am taking
I think I do have a good timeline of Frightmares 
  • Scary & Crows straw maze - ???? - I have really no idea when this opened also I think at first it was on the mini golf course but moved to pioneer village (sorry if spelled wrong) actors would dress up as kid friendly characters and would would give out candy  
  • Utah troll road - 1995 - ???? - As guest would drive there cars scare actors dressed as trolls would jump out and scare people driving there cars 
  • Nightmare Midway - 1995 - 2005 - The theme of this house was a Travailing circus it had things such as a fat lady, Ring master I think, a Funeral Fun House, a knife thrower and much more with Carnival games guest could play. 
  • The Labyrinth - 1997 - 2005 - This really was full of different things like horror movie characters original rooms like a gargoyle or a construction rooms and of course lots of dead ends.
  • Fun House of Fear - 2003 - This was a Fun House were psycho clowns would scare people and lots of distorting rooms too make it even worse some time later they added 3D too make it even more stomach turning. 
  • Spook-A-Boo - 2004? - Like Scary & Crows straw maze actors would dress up as friendly characters and give out candy
  • Halloween High - 2005 - 2009 - This twisted High school had room's such as a teacher lounge, shop, prom and the janitors closet 
  • Haunted Hollywood - 2006 - 2007 - In here all of the scariest Hollywood monsters would come alive.
  • Psycho Dave's junkyard - 2008? - 2011 - Monsters would try and scare guest  in this insane junkyard
  • Deception - 2009 - 2011 - In this house of illusions you would such as a Wax Figure room, A girl that would spill her guts, A upside down clown and much more (typing was really wasting my time so I stop giving a description) 
  • Lockdown - 2010 - 2012
  • The Nightwalk - 2011 
  • The Backlot - 2012 - 2013
  • Zombie Lockdown - 2013 - 2017
  • Twisted Tales - 2014 - was opened for just 2014 
  • 20 years of fear - 2015 - Name changed in 2016 to Terrors of the past
  • Frighting Frisco - 2016 
  • Malevolent Manor - 2017
    Please tell me if I made any mistakes 
(12-16-2017, 06:22 PM)Wicked07 Wrote: I think I do have a good timeline of Frightmares 
  • Scary & Crows straw maze - ???? - I have really no idea when this opened also I think at first it was on the mini golf course but moved to pioneer village (sorry if spelled wrong) actors would dress up as kid friendly characters and would would give out candy  
  • Utah troll road - 1995 - ???? - As guest would drive there cars scare actors dressed as trolls would jump out and scare people driving there cars 
  • Nightmare Midway - 1995 - 2005 - The theme of this house was a Travailing circus it had things such as a fat lady, Ring master I think, a Funeral Fun House, a knife thrower and much more with Carnival games guest could play. 
  • The Labyrinth - 1997 - 2005 - This really was full of different things like horror movie characters original rooms like a gargoyle or a construction rooms and of course lots of dead ends.
  • Fun House of Fear - 2003 - This was a Fun House were psycho clowns would scare people and lots of distorting rooms too make it even worse some time later they added 3D too make it even more stomach turning. 
  • Spook-A-Boo - 2004? - Like Scary & Crows straw maze actors would dress up as friendly characters and give out candy
  • Halloween High - 2005 - 2009 - This twisted High school had room's such as a teacher lounge, shop, prom and the janitors closet 
  • Haunted Hollywood - 2006 - 2007 - In here all of the scariest Hollywood monsters would come alive.
  • Psycho Dave's junkyard - 2008? - 2011 - Monsters would try and scare guest  in this insane junkyard
  • Deception - 2009 - 2011 - In this house of illusions you would such as a Wax Figure room, A girl that would spill her guts, A upside down clown and much more (typing was really wasting my time so I stop giving a description) 
  • Lockdown - 2010 - 2012
  • The Nightwalk - 2011 
  • The Backlot - 2012 - 2013
  • Zombie Lockdown - 2013 - 2017
  • Twisted Tales - 2014 - was opened for just 2014 
  • 20 years of fear - 2015 - Name changed in 2016 to Terrors of the past
  • Frighting Frisco - 2016 
  • Malevolent Manor - 2017
    Please tell me if I made any mistakes 

The Troll road ended in 2000 with the death of Speedway...... I loved that ride!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
The straw maze was first in Kiddie Land between the restrooms and Rad Brad's. They temporarily removed Sky Fighter and Bulgy which were, at the time, located where Dinosaur Drop and Ladybug Bop are now. I don't remember where it was between the time DinoLady opened and the good course closed.
The straw maze was around in 1997, but I don't recall if that was the first year or not, and like Braden said, it took the place of a couple of rides. The straw maze wasn't utilized after the introduction of Dinosaur Drop and Ladybug Bop until they decided to bring it back in Pioneer Village.

Psycho Dave's had two locations. The original location was the field next to the mini-golf course (where Jumping Dragon now sits) and opened in 1997 or 1998. When the golf course went away, the salvage yard moved next to Jet Star 2 until Air Race debuted and took its spot.

The Labyrinth actually had no dead ends as the path progressed through the house like any other. It did have one room where the actors could swing the wall to seal off the path making people think there was a dead end, but that was it.
(12-18-2017, 11:48 AM)Willenator Wrote: The straw maze was around in 1997, but I don't recall if that was the first year or not, and like Braden said, it took the place of a couple of rides. The straw maze wasn't utilized after the introduction of Dinosaur Drop and Ladybug Bop until they decided to bring it back in Pioneer Village.

Psycho Dave's had two locations. The original location was the field next to the mini-golf course (where Jumping Dragon now sits) and opened in 1997 or 1998. When the golf course went away, the salvage yard moved next to Jet Star 2 until Air Race debuted and took its spot.

The Labyrinth actually had no dead ends as the path progressed through the house like any other. It did have one room where the actors could swing the wall to seal off the path making people think there was a dead end, but that was it.

My horrible memory is kicking in im starting to remember a stripe room in the labyrinth were I think in the middle there was a actor in a cage.
Yes, the beginning room in Labyrinth was known as the strobe maze and had stripes all over the walls and floors. The cage was later in the house usually with an actor that would try to escape. They had an alarm rigged to the door opening with a flashing light to indicate that the actor had escaped. The gag was usually triggered after the patrons walked around the corner after seeing the person in the cage and then get scared prior to leaving the room.