2017 to 2018 Off Season
(01-17-2018, 07:53 PM)linearinduction Wrote: 50-60ish....wait, weren't you an Area 5 Sup? lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That I was but it never says how tall the tower was in any of the documentation and I never had the thought of measuring it.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
There are 5 stair runs and I think there are 12 stairs per run from the picture I took last year. At a pretty standard stair riser height of 7 inches it would be 35 feet tall.

Edit: That's the height of the floor. If you factor in the roof it'll be more like 50 feet at the peak.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Pretty sure the platform, where the rafts launched from, was in the 45-50ish range. Whitewater West no longer lists the Hydro/Water Coaster on their website, that I've found.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-17-2018, 09:28 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Pretty sure the platform, where the rafts launched from, was in the 45-50ish range. Whitewater West no longer lists the Hydro/Water Coaster on their website, that I've found.

Could be, it's hard to count the stairs from the pic, but honestly I don't see it possibly being any taller than 44 feet at the floor (platform) even if I'm somehow not seeing 2 stairs per run and the stair risers are the maximum 7.75 inches. I personally think the roof is in the 50 foot range.

There's this but it doesn't say how tall it is:
https://www.whitewaterwest.com/products/water-coaster/
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Maybe App #5 on this list could work?

http://joyofandroid.com/the-best-measuri...r-android/

It is possible to stand in a public place just outside Lagoon's fence to get a picture of the top and bottom of the tower.

It's pretty boring in January so what-the-heck! Smile
(01-16-2018, 11:35 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: LOL Maybe. It was a bad ride to operate especially at Sunset lol.

Truth!  You were either soaking wet all night on the runouts, or blind if you were unlucky enough to get stuck on the tower at sunset.  Seriously, I might have celebrated a bit when I heard that ride was getting the axe.  I would have rather worked Flying Carpet than that beast (and often did).

(01-17-2018, 10:28 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Maybe App #5 on this list could work?

http://joyofandroid.com/the-best-measuri...r-android/

It is possible to stand in a public place just outside Lagoon's fence to get a picture of the top and bottom of the tower.

It's pretty boring in January so what-the-heck! Smile

If that's one of those AR-based measuring tools, unless Android's are way better than iOS's, good luck!  I tried one or two of those when I first got iOS 11.  They were... entertaining... to be generous.  Good idea on paper; still needs much better execution.
Ugh, forgive me Luke, I neglected to add "dimensions," in reference to their website. There used to be a time when you could download site plans and such, but I guess those days are over, with Chinese ride manufacturers stealing so much from world renowned manufacturers.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-17-2018, 10:43 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Truth!  You were either soaking wet all night on the runouts, or blind if you were unlucky enough to get stuck on the tower at sunset.  Seriously, I might have celebrated a bit when I heard that ride was getting the axe.  I would have rather worked Flying Carpet than that beast (and often did).

If that's one of those AR-based measuring tools, unless Android's are way better than iOS's, good luck!  I tried one or two of those when I first got iOS 11.  They were... entertaining... to be generous.  Good idea on paper; still needs much better execution.

Everything works better on Android.

(01-18-2018, 09:41 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Everything works better on Android.

Except iTunes, unfortunately...
(01-18-2018, 11:07 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Except iTunes, unfortunately...

LOL