Fun House Obstacle Course
(11-24-2017, 07:47 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: And you didn't even take a picture? Mad (j/k sort of) Yeah I think that is one of a few places they could stand, in addition to behind a counter on the right of the entrance, next to the roller slide (which is part of the same area you mentioned), and at the end of the row with the rollers.

Yeah i should have. but it was 2004 and cell phone cameras were horrid.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-24-2017, 11:04 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks! I don't think I'll ever figure out their exact locations, but I'll try to put them in my next mockup.

I think the rolling log came after the rotating discs. It seems like maybe there were little punching bags hanging from the ceiling around the turn from the rollers to the net, anybody remember that?

There must be a lot of people out there who worked in the fun house and have the layout etched into their brain better than I do. They might even know the air jet locations. I want to find some of these people and get it mapped out before it's forgotten.
I'm sure I'm wrong but I seem to remember the rolling log where you have the triangle between legs. Maybe they both occupied the same row?
This is awesome. Unfortunately I don't remember many details, but this seems familiar as I look at it.
(11-25-2017, 02:02 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I'm sure I'm wrong but I seem to remember the rolling log where you have the triangle between legs. Maybe they both occupied the same row?
I know the triangle was in that row, headed south and up against the outside wall. It is possible that the rolling log came after the triangle in the same row, heading over to the shifting pad. That actually makes a lot of sense to me and will probably fit correctly after I adjust the diagram for the employee areas. I'm going with that for now. It leaves me with one missing obstacle still, after the spinning discs and before the triangle. I seem to have a memory of an oddly shaped thing...

(11-25-2017, 10:46 AM)Brăden Wrote: This is awesome. Unfortunately I don't remember many details, but this seems familiar as I look at it.
Thanks! I hope to have one that seems even more familiar soon. There has to be an (ex) employee out there who watched guests walk through it for hours an hours that can tell me anything I'm missing or have wrong. Although the dimensions are wrong, I think this layout is at least 80% accurate.
I shared the link to this post on Facebook, and some people are trying to respond there rather than here. You might want to check some of the responses and see if any help. Smile
(11-25-2017, 11:52 PM)Willenator Wrote: I shared the link to this post on Facebook, and some people are trying to respond there rather than here. You might want to check some of the responses and see if any help. Smile

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. They mention mirrors and the spinning barrels. Funhouse mirrors and the spinning barrels were located on the lower level just after you exited via the ramp in the diagram. I should add that I'm talking about the final early-eighties to 1990 layout. I've heard that prior to that the barrels were more directly connected to the obstacle course via some kind of hall of doors with different scenes inside instead of the exit ramp. Very old photos show that the funhouse mirrors were on the upper level originally, in the corner where Wac-A-Mole is. I have no idea how that would have connected to the obstacle course or the lower level.

The Haunted shack did have a mirror maze as part of its obstacles as well.