What do you do when Lagoon is closed
I'm curious what the rest of you do to fill the void when Lagoon closes. Obviously, talking about the upcoming season here on LagoonIsFun.com is on the top of your list, but I'm sure there is other things you do ... right? So, what is it?

I haven't had any real plans in the past, but this year I have a Hogle Zoo membership, so I find myself looking forward to checking out the zoo on my days off. I've been enjoying getting to know the different animals. I didn't think I'd enjoy the zoo as much as I do, but I do, so I drag my wife there whenever I can.
Good idea getting a zoo annual pass.

I wish the Living Planet Aquarium was closer to Roy...I would get a membership there.

We have Toads close by but it doesn't quite fill the void of Lagoon.

I usually do some hiking / snow shoeing. I also have a gym membership so I weight train / cardio more in the off season. I have family in California so sometimes I visit / attend the parks in Cali.

I would like to hear other ideas tho. I'm always looking for something to do in the winter.
Greg we had fun at that boondocks in kaysville last year. I think they have new aquarium at Layton mall too.
Speaking of the mall, there is an escape room place nearby the Layton mall. I was just thinking it would be fun to get a group together to go and try it. I've never done an escape room before, and I've been wanting to get a group together. It looks like the group size can be up to 12.

http://greatroomescapeutah.com/
I usually will start a large No Limits project but I work on those year round. Last years winters project was what started my documentary and as it is not finished yet that will be this years winter project as well. I also have a No Limits recreation of Lagoon in the works but that is on hold until I am done working on my Saltair project.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-06-2017, 02:42 PM)Willenator Wrote: Speaking of the mall, there is an escape room place nearby the Layton mall. I was just thinking it would be fun to get a group together to go and try it. I've never done an escape room before, and I've been wanting to get a group together. It looks like the group size can be up to 12.

http://greatroomescapeutah.com/

You can count me in. I'd try it. Maybe Shane and Braden would go as well?
(11-06-2017, 06:31 PM)gregwibert Wrote: You can count me in. I'd try it. Maybe Shane and Braden would go as well?

Umm I don't even know what an escape room is!!!  Lol. Need to know what it is first.
(11-06-2017, 06:36 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Umm I don't even know what an escape room is!!!  Lol. Need to know what it is first.

Got to solve puzzles to get out of the room before a Zombie comes in and eats your brain (that's one of the rooms). Each room has a theme. There is a serial killer or ghost contact/beyond the grave too. Our team would have 60 minutes to solve the puzzle.
I've always wanted to try one. Just depends when you go (Saturdays).
If we plan it far enough out, I can request the day off, so any day of the week would work for me. My wife wants to try that too, so we need to count her in.