Great America Teen Fight!
Glad Lagoon doesn't have issues like this! Wow.

SANTA CLARA (KPIX 5) — Security at California’s Great America was beefed up Sunday evening, the night after as many as 100 teens got into fights and allegedly stole cell phones at the amusement park’s haunted house attraction.

The disturbances happened at Great America’s Halloween Haunt, the annual haunted house set up on the park for the holiday.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10...en-fights/
That was terribly written! I would expect something of this quality from one of Deseret Connect's glorified mommy bloggers for KSL.com and DeseretNews.com.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-30-2017, 07:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: That was terribly written! I would expect something of this quality from one of Deseret Connect's glorified mommy bloggers for KSL.com and DeseretNews.com.

Welcome to "journalism" in the 21st century... I used to be a news hound, but it's just so depressing to see the quality of local news anymore.  Not that they're perfect either, but I've found myself going to international news organizations more & more.
BBC, BBC Granada, ITV, Daily Mail, and the Guardian are my international staples, the New York Times and CBS are whom I go to for National News, and KUTV and the Trib for Local News. We won't even discuss the glorified mommy blogger state media outlets.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Yeah, I usually hit up BBC, The Guardian, Telegraph, and Reuters in my rotation; sometimes AP if I'm in the mood.  Funny, half the time I get more national news about the US from the Beeb than I do from US news sources. Wink  Hadn't thought about ITV, but that's a good idea... might have to add them to the list.  Actually considered getting a subscription to the London Times Times of London at one point.
You aren't the only one who's found out more about what's going on in this country from international sources. I neglected to include the telegraph and PBS. Frontline is one of the best news programs on television!

I totally agree with both of you! I always learn more about what's going on in this country from international sources (as mentioned). I think our news took a downward spiral around the George W Bush / Obama transition? It's been a while for sure.
(10-31-2017, 08:02 AM)gregwibert Wrote: I totally agree with both of you! I always learn more about what's going on in this country from international sources (as mentioned). I think our news took a downward spiral around the George W Bush / Obama transition? It's been a while for sure.

It started before then... long before. I think it runs back to the GHWB, Clinton, Perot campaign. The news orgs realized there was a lot of money in stoking the partisan fires, leading to the birth of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc. and the rise of Newt Gingrich and the ultra-partisanship of politics. Then the expectations for profits in the news business rose dramatically, leading to the push for profits. In the end, it has led to the death of legitimate news organizations in favor of attempts to scoop up money with sensationalism.

-Z
And now all the "major news sources" are owned by entertainment companies.