WK Train & Frightmares
(10-10-2017, 12:31 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks for the info. It seems the claim I heard was unsurprisingly wrong.

Maybe this person is a secret operative of PETA?

Notserious
Lagoon needs to either revamp their zoo or just end it completely.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
It was really weird to see all of the eastern enclosures with their lights off & no cats visible, though. Can only assume they've moved them inside for the winter.
(10-10-2017, 07:24 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: It was really weird to see all of the eastern enclosures with their lights off & no cats visible, though.  Can only assume they've moved them inside for the winter.

The Tigers were still out on Saturday. I saw them from the midway while heading into PV.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-10-2017, 07:24 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: It was really weird to see all of the eastern enclosures with their lights off & no cats visible, though.  Can only assume they've moved them inside for the winter.

Maybe the Tigers didn't feel like coming out the day you attended? Sometimes they do hide in their little houses. Sometimes they are all out / growling and making tiger noises (which is a treat).
(10-11-2017, 09:36 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Maybe the Tigers didn't feel like coming out the day you attended? Sometimes they do hide in their little houses. Sometimes they are all out / growling and making tiger noises (which is a treat).

Oh no, it wasn't that:  I'm used to them being inside their house... this was a case of there not being ANY lights on in any of the big cat enclosures.  Even when the cats are inside, the lights are normally on while the park is open.  It was just really suspicious to not have any lights on at all along the eastern shore of the lake.  We didn't get any lights 'til we were over in the elk enclosure.
I'd guess they've just been moved (where?) for the winter. I heard that rumor over a month ago, and the claim was it was already closed for good, so that was wrong. Who knows, I bet they'll close the zoo down eventually, the question is when. They really, really need to get together with the train shoppe and do something awesome. There's a world-class ride there just waiting to happen.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name