Seance Summary *Spoilers*
(10-09-2017, 09:32 AM)booligan Wrote: It's the same core show mechanic. My friend who helps run the haunts over at Elitch actually was the first person to tell me about Seance a few months ago and told me that it was a must see. Elitch has a few other effects compared to ours, but it's the same show format/tech. Lagoon "bought" the show from them for this year, and from what I'm hearing, it'll become a staple at our park now based on how well it's been received. 

All that being said, I saw the show at Lagoon on Saturday and it was amazing. Having worked in the haunt industry myself in the past, and running our own high tech walkthroughs for years at the house, I understand how the show runs, however, seeing everything work in unison seamlessly really puts on one hell of a show. I had some parts that were genuinely uncomfortable for me, which is a high bar to hit. If you're thinking about seeing it, see it. It's worth the $5/$7, no doubt.

Do you think Lagoon will switch things up over the years to keep it fresh and new? Seems like people would get tired of the same show year after year and quit going (knowing where all the surprises are already and what-not) ?
(10-09-2017, 10:34 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Do you think Lagoon will switch things up over the years to keep it fresh and new? Seems like people would get tired of the same show year after year and quit going (knowing where all the surprises are already and what-not) ?

Even watching the show that one time, I think there are 2 shows that they can do with the setup they have now. I would be interested to talk to someone in production of our version to see if they rotate between two different versions currently. There were effects that I noticed that weren't being utilized with the presentation that I saw, so I definitely think there's some room for them to play with. 

When you have a room built like that with setups for the various physical effects, pneumatics, and a great Pepper's Ghost "stage", you can tell a lot of different stories. Honestly, when I was sitting there scoping out the room and possible fx locations and types before the actual show began, I was thinking of so many different ways to work in that venue and tell different stories. I think that they will be able to keep it VERY fresh even throughout the haunt season, and especially season to season with tech and prop changes.
(10-09-2017, 11:40 AM)booligan Wrote: Even watching the show that one time, I think there are 2 shows that they can do with the setup they have now. I would be interested to talk to someone in production of our version to see if they rotate between two different versions currently. There were effects that I noticed that weren't being utilized with the presentation that I saw, so I definitely think there's some room for them to play with. 

When you have a room built like that with setups for the various physical effects, pneumatics, and a great Pepper's Ghost "stage", you can tell a lot of different stories. Honestly, when I was sitting there scoping out the room and possible fx locations and types before the actual show began, I was thinking of so many different ways to work in that venue and tell different stories. I think that they will be able to keep it VERY fresh even throughout the haunt season, and especially season to season with tech and prop changes.
Once again I do not think Lagoon would go thru the expense...and I'm sure it cost allot... of building that theatre just to use it for frightmares. I'm thinking that they have a plan for it the rest of the year. But I could be wrong.
Got a little more clarification about the show details from my source. It's not an Elitch owned attraction, instead owned and licensed individually by the creator, Joseph Wartnerchaney, to a few parks, Lagoon, Elitch, even NYC and LA. From what I've been told, the show effects vary from locale to locale and the show continues to evolve even at one location throughout the season.

We definitely haven't seen the last of it, and the thing will keep evolving to scare even hardened haunt goers like myself Smile
Saw the show tonight and they've added a few things. If you've seen it, go see it again.
My wife and I, along with another couple that we came with, were the "volunteers" during Seance and I would have to say that I was rather jealous of the people in the stands. It seems like that everyone, volunteers or observers, gets to have a very exciting experience. But I would like to have both experiences so I am going this Friday to sit in the stands Smile
(10-23-2017, 09:44 AM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: My wife and I, along with another couple that we came with, were the "volunteers" during Seance and I would have to say that I was rather jealous of the people in the stands. It seems like that everyone, volunteers or observers, gets to have a very exciting experience. But I would like to have both experiences so I am going this Friday to sit in the stands Smile

Wow! Most of us haven't ever been chosen to sit at the table! You're so lucky Smile
(10-23-2017, 11:27 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Wow! Most of us haven't ever been chosen to sit at the table! You're so lucky Smile

I know. With chances being four in forty, we didn't think it would happen. But we chatted it up with one of the workers and we asked them how much goat blood we would have to drink if we were the volunteers and if clothing was optional. They thought it was funny. And before we knew it, we were sitting down at the table. I think that you also have to be very comfortable with audiences watching you because you definitely are the center of attention, at least for the first five minutes.
(10-23-2017, 12:22 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: I know. With chances being four in forty, we didn't think it would happen. But we chatted it up with one of the workers and we asked them how much goat blood we would have to drink if we were the volunteers and if clothing was optional. They thought it was funny. And before we knew it, we were sitting down at the table. I think that you also have to be very comfortable with audiences watching you because you definitely are the center of attention, at least for the first five minutes.

Ha Ha!!!

Drinking goat blood while naked...Genius!!
I have messaged a few times with the main actress from Seance. What a cool thing to add to a resume Smile