North End Changes/New Ride 2018?
(10-13-2017, 10:52 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: One of my most surreal moments in Maintenance was driving Speedway cars down the midway with the governor off.  I mean, I only hit one tree... I thought I did okay.   :D

Okay, this sounds like amazing fun. I am jealous!
After hearing a few more rumors... I just have to plead with Lagoon here... everything I've heard rumored sounds great except for one (seemingly far-fetched) possibility... Do not build a B&M Flying Coaster! The seating position can only be described as 'doggystyle', and inversions are totally meaningless as your body is only inverted on 90 degree drops. It may look neat on paper, but it is a terrible concept for a roller coaster.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Are flying coasters still a thing? I haven't really noticed any new ones for quite some time.
They seem to be a thing in Japan at least. Two of the three parks I went to last year had one as their new ride. They shouldn't be a thing IMO, so hopefully this country has figured that out.
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
The one flying coaster I've been on was eh at best. But Flying Dinosaur at Universal Japan looks awesome. 

There is also the Vekoma flying prototype that is being built at Phatasialand looks interesting and the layout so far looks intense. With what Vekoma has turned out lately it could be a very cool ride.

Lagoon could use a good invert though.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-29-2017, 09:12 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The one flying coaster I've been on was eh at best. But Flying Dinosaur at Universal Japan looks awesome. 

There is also the Vekoma flying prototype that is being built at Phatasialand looks interesting and the layout so far looks intense. With what Vekoma has turned out lately it could be a very cool ride.

Lagoon could use a good invert though.

Flying Dinosaur would have been 10 time better as an inverted coaster. Like I said, the 'inversions' are useless and it's just uncomfortable. An inverted B&M would be great at Lagoon. I know that Lagoon doesn't need B&M, works with ART, etc... but honestly I could see Lagoon not wanting to go through an experience like building and opening Cannibal again. I dunno, I've heard so many different rumors now that I think any one of them is just as plausible as the next.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
Has anyone noticed the crane over by hydroluge lately? Any idea on whats going on?
Probably disassembling the launch tower

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'm sure there in process of removal of hydro luge, they we're working on it at end of October.