North End Changes/New Ride 2018?
I looked to see if there were any posts about this and couldn't find any so somebody let me know if this is a duplicate.

I went to Lagoon a few weeks ago and decided to go on the hydro luge. The employee running the ride told me to enjoy it because they will be tearing it down at the end of the season. When I asked them why it was being torn down, they said that they aren't allowed to tell me why. After I got off the ride, I was reminded that the old restrooms have been replaced and it looks like there is a new gate on the West End of the new restrooms  that could possibly be built. Removing Hydro luge and the restrooms would provide spot for a new ride or possibly something else? Has anybody heard anything about this or is there another Thread about it?
(08-23-2017, 07:18 PM)slcsldlvr84 Wrote: I looked to see if there were any posts about this and couldn't find any so somebody let me know if this is a duplicate.

I went to Lagoon a few weeks ago and decided to go on the hydro luge. The employee running the ride told me to enjoy it because they will be tearing it down at the end of the season. When I asked them why it was being torn down, they said that they aren't allowed to tell me why. After I got off the ride, I was reminded that the old restrooms have been replaced and it looks like there is a new gate on the West End of the new restrooms  that could possibly be built. Removing Hydro luge and the restrooms would provide spot for a new ride or possibly something else? Has anybody heard anything about this or is there another Thread about it?

Well there's some discussion about this stuff in the following two threads and possibly elsewhere:

http://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5620
http://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5680
So the employees can say that a ride is going away but not the reason why? I find that amusing.
(08-23-2017, 11:25 PM)Willenator Wrote: So the employees can say that a ride is going away but not the reason why? I find that amusing.

Seriously! I thought the same thing..
That probably means they don't know why.
As a former ride employee, rumors about stuff like that are rampant. With the restrooms being replaced and with Hydro having low ridership I can see how the employee could be connecting the dots but having no actual knowledge. If it had been a supervisor I would still be skeptical but it would more plausible. I was informed about Bat's installation half way through the 2004 season but couldn't say anything given I was a ride supervisor that year is why I think it coming from a ride supervisor would be more plausible.

Back in December I played around with an idea to replace Hydro. These are just rough ideas so nothing fancy.

The supports are not final, just for concept.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Has anyone thought maybe they could be looking at one of those new 4d spinning coasters that six flags seems so fond of lately? They seem to pack a lot of bang into a small footprint.
(08-24-2017, 12:53 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Hats anyone thought maybe they could be looking at one of those new 4d spinning coasters that six flags seems so fond of lately? They seem to pack a lot of bang into a small footprint.

Problem is they are an S&S coaster and unless things have cleared up between the two companies in the last 18 years, I don't see that happening.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Completely forgot about that. What was all the bad blood about the rocket anyway?
The biggest reason I've learned to be cautious about employee rumors is that plans change all the time. What may have been planned in April can change completely by August.