STEEL VENGEANCE at Cedar Point for 2018!

Cedar Point announces STEEL VENGEANCE, the world's tallest and fastest hybrid coaster, new for 2018. At 205' tall, will be the first hybrid coaster over 200'. 90º first drop with a top speed of 74 MPH.
Going from one of the worst coasters at the park to one of their best, if not the best! I love that the back story they came up with is it is a machine to defeat the Maverick!

Official Cedar Point Page
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Layout looks great, but it's 90 degrees for like 10ft. lol The name is kinda meh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Hey, that's a really nice steel coaster they built there! The wood effect is kinda cute, too... Tongue

IMHO, lift is too fast... need to have a little anticipation going over that crest. Nice try on the marketing... looks like the Old West & World of Warcraft had some sexytime & popped that out. (Blood Elf cowgirls? Hmmm...)
(08-16-2017, 09:38 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Hey, that's a really nice steel coaster they built there!  The wood effect is kinda cute, too... Tongue

IMHO, lift is too fast... need to have a little anticipation going over that crest.  Nice try on the marketing... looks like the Old West & World of Warcraft had some sexytime & popped that out.  (Blood Elf cowgirls?  Hmmm...)

Oh man! LMAO!!  Laugh Laugh Laugh Win
DragonTamer, if you had ridden Mean Streak, you would understand why this faster lift is an improvement.....you could have taken a nap on the old one! lol It was great for sunset watching, but otherwise sucked!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(08-18-2017, 12:11 AM)linearinduction Wrote: DragonTamer, if you had ridden Mean Streak, you would understand why this faster lift is an improvement.....you could have taken a nap on the old one! lol It was great for sunset watching, but otherwise sucked!

You're implying that I haven't ridden Mean Streak.  I have.  Problem is, the rest of the ride shook out all my memory of the lift hill. Tongue

I have no problem with a faster transit, it just needs to slow down at the crest so as not to hurl you over... if Lagoon can pull off a variable-speed woodie lift chain, I garon-damn-tee ya CP can.
DragonTamer, you obviously didn't ride in car 1 of the gold train and/or we're not riding in the proper defensive riding position then. lol Mean Streak always had a variable speed lift, which was why the coupling of the train to the chain was so smooth. In all honesty, Dinn did a good job in that regard.

It is important to remember that this is a just an animation. It could have a lift like on iron rattler where it slows down at the top. 

I like the name but as much as I like back story, in that it is to take frontier town back from the "Maverick", the name is a little too tied to the story. I would like the name more if it was just vengeance.

(08-18-2017, 03:42 AM)linearinduction Wrote: DragonTamer, you obviously didn't ride in car 1 of the gold train and/or we're not riding in the proper defensive riding position then. lol Mean Streak always had a variable speed lift, which was why the coupling of the train to the chain was so smooth. In all honesty, Dinn did a good job in that regard.

I honestly couldn't tell ya... I think it was probably something like 2001 or so, and these days, remembering what I was working on the night before by the next morning is tricky enough.  I know Millennium Force was still the newest coaster at the point I went.  I clearly didn't know about the defensive riding position at the time I went, because I distinctly remember it being the first time in my life I needed a break after riding a roller coaster.
It will be one of the first coasters to receive RMC's Gen2 trains.