Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(Yesterday, 08:58 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Although, at almost all other parks and on almost all other coasters outside of the US, they are known as block brakes, so, it just makes more sense to refer to them as block brakes. I personally wouldn't care if I got stopped on the block each time, so that I could get amazing hang time. (you know, more amazing than it already is...)
Not that it really matters, but Block Brakes are what they are, and mostly Coaster Enthusiasts use that term, but the terminology used by Manufacturers and Parks can differ greatly. Again, B&M use "Safety Brake/Safetys," as does Lagoon. A large majority of us on this forum know them as such, as we've worked for Lagoon. Read Wild Mouse, Spider, and Jet Star 2's Information Signs at the Entrance. All of them warn you that you should be prepared to stop in one of the "Safety Brakes" on the Ride. Lagoon uses an older terminology of "Reduction" and "Reduction Brake" instead of Brake Run, Brake Knife instead of Brake Fin, Wheel Housing instead of Bogie, etc. Reduction Brake and Wheel Housing definitely have roots in the Anton Schwarzkopf Company, which manufactured Lagoon's First Major Steel Coasters.

I've heard of many people who don't care for the Hang Time in the Lagoon Roll. Personally, I love it! That is one of the many reasons why Cannibal is my #1 Steel Coaster. It literally offers me everything I love. The only thing better would have been a sweet heartline roll like Wicked's.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(Yesterday, 09:46 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Not that it really matters, but Block Brakes are what they are, and mostly Coaster Enthusiasts use that term, but the terminology used by Manufacturers and Parks can differ greatly. Again, B&M use "Safety Brake/Safetys," as does Lagoon. A large majority of us on this forum know them as such, as we've worked for Lagoon. Read Wild Mouse, Spider, and Jet Star 2's Information Signs at the Entrance. All of them warn you that you should be prepared to stop in one of the "Safety Brakes" on the Ride. Lagoon uses an older terminology of "Reduction" and "Reduction Brake" instead of Brake Run, Brake Knife instead of Brake Fin, Wheel Housing instead of Bogie, etc. Reduction Brake and Wheel Housing definitely have roots in the Anton Schwarzkopf Company, which manufactured Lagoon's First Major Steel Coasters.

I've heard of many people who don't care for the Hang Time in the Lagoon Roll. Personally, I love it! That is one of the many reasons why Cannibal is my #1 Steel Coaster. It literally offers me everything I love. The only thing better would have been a sweet heartline roll like Wicked's.

I agree a heartline roll on Cannibal would have made it even better. The Lagoon Roll is fun but I'd prefer a heartline roll. Hmmm That's any idea for a Cannibal Remixed at some point.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(Yesterday, 09:54 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I agree a heartline roll on Cannibal would have made it even better. The Lagoon Roll is fun but I'd prefer a heartline roll. Hmmm That's any idea for a Cannibal Remixed at some point.
Yay! I gave you an idea! lol I don't know when you will possibly be able to find the time with the book, B&M Mega for Lagoon, etc. I have no idea where the heck to fit in a heartline roll within the existing footprint.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(Yesterday, 10:02 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yay! I gave you an idea! lol I don't know when you will possibly be able to find the time with the book, B&M Mega for Lagoon, etc. I have no idea where the heck to fit in a heartline roll within the existing footprint.

Yeah it won't be soon lol. I'm deep into my book and my B&M Mega is a side project I use to help not burn out on my book.  I do have a Cannibal recreation in NL2 in the works again. When I finish the B&M project I will probably work on my Cannibal recreation more which will be like what spawned my Wicked Remix as I was working on a Wicked Recreation and thought hmm I can make this better. I'd have to look a the layout closely and fit it in. My initial thoughts would be have it replace the Lagoon roll with the top of the heart-line being super close to the water's surface like the Lagoon Roll does.

EDIT:  I am shooting for the B&M project to be out in the next month as their is a large, yearly held NL contest I am shooting to enter it in. We shall see.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West