Crowd Levels 2017
Has anyone else felt like the crowd levels have been a bit smaller than the last two years? It's still busy, but it hasn't felt super busy like it was for awhile there. I'm just curious if anyone else is feeling this way or if I am just happening to hit the park on good days.
I was thinking July was particularly slower, but maybe the two long holiday weekends were part of that.
It's been nice. Saturdays in May and june were nuts but I wasn't surprised by that but on the 24th the crowds were pleasantly small which is nice when in kiddy land.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
My schedule hasn't allowed me to get to the park for the past three months, unfortunately... I know with as much space as I take up, that probably accounts for some of it. I'll try to get back & make it feel more crowded soon!
It was plenty crowded yesterday and last night.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
In the past couple of years the usual less-crowded days/evenings were still crowded. It does seem like the old patterns of less people during certain days/times has returned this year. It's been nice.

Do you think the newness of Cannibal has worn off and/or families taking out of town vacations this year? Terroride is great (when it works) but it hasn't drawn the crowd like Cannibal. The park also has a few main attractions still shutdown / it seemed like this season was pretty slow to get things working.

I know families that will take a year off of season passes every other or every couple of years as well.
Maybe that is what it is. The pre-Cannibal patterns of crowd levels are probably occurring again.
(08-08-2017, 12:24 AM)Willenator Wrote: Maybe that is what it is. The pre-Cannibal patterns of crowd levels are probably occurring again.
I think you're on to something. It's probably going to take their next big attraction to get things packed again. I do go quite often though and I feel like the park is still busier than it was before Cannibal.
The park is definitely still busier than before Cannibal, as seen Saturday night at 9:30pm, where everything had lines, and Cannibals was to Catapult's Launch Pad. I haven't seen that in a while, and operations seemed to be on point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Last night the crowds were great as was the weather! Basically no lines, besides the slow ops at BomBora, but that has been every visit this year. Even my daughter now says "stacking trains."
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West