FRIGHTMARES 2017
by the way seance was not open
I think I saw a line for it last night
Found out Seance will open next week.
The ghost hanging from Sky Coaster is now black and looks like it's wearing a hoodie cloak like the Grim Reaper.

They've also added a fenced stroller parking area by Spook A Boo and the catwalk over Log Flume has lights and skeletons scattered across it. Not sure if any actors will be up there at some point.
Seance is opening today!
I like the new Malevolent Mansion house. A big improvement over Zombie Lockdown. The new front looks awesome. The changes to Frightening Frisco make it a much better house as well. Instead of large open rooms that make it hard to tell where to go, the path was much more defined. It seemed to give the actors more hiding places to. Nightwalk was more of the same with a huge new addition that I just wanted to watch for a long time. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but you have to check go through Nightwalk and see the changes.

I chose not to go through Terrors of the Past or Fun House of Fear. Will hit those up next weekend. I will say that I don't like the plain looking front of those two houses now. After the really awesome looking entrances last year, it was weird to see it toned down.

I appreciate that there is less screaming in my face than years previous, but I was hoping for some more interaction with the actors. I tried responding to the actors and talking to them, but they usually stopped after a line or two and just yelled at me to get out or keep moving. Made me a little sad. I realize they need people to keep moving, but it would add to the experience.

I took a handful of photos while on the park today. Uploaded them to a Facebook photo album complete with comments. Here is the link:

I did not experience Seance, but I did find out that each show can only hold around 40 people. For those of you wondering, it is right next to the Game Time Stage. You can see the placement of the show in my pictures.

I really enjoyed my time at the park today and look forward to more Frightmares this year. Looks like it is going to be a good year.
Lots of great photos. I agree about the new entrance to the Davis houses.

They sure go crazy with the electric signage for Frightmares these days. They should probably be looking at adding cool signs to rides that don't have them instead.
Seance was one of the scariest things I've experienced. I've never been to a show where the entire audience is screaming. Scarier than anything I've seen at halloween horror nights. The quality is on par with Disney/Universal... Go check it out. Completely worth the money. I can only equate it to experiencing a horror movie in real life.
(09-17-2017, 10:43 PM)count.orion Wrote: Seance was one of the scariest things I've experienced. I've never been to a show where the entire audience is screaming. Scarier than anything I've seen at halloween horror nights. The quality is on par with Disney/Universal... Go check it out. Completely worth the money. I can only equate it to experiencing a horror movie in real life.

Uh, no thanks... I enjoy sleeping at night!  Laugh
(09-18-2017, 02:53 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Uh, no thanks... I enjoy sleeping at night!  Laugh

I would say it's a mix between Tower of Terror, Alien Encounter, and Insidious. It blew me away. I forgot I was at Lagoon.