Fun House height requirements?
Judging from old pictures, it doesn't look like there was a height requirement for the Fun House at first. But in the years before it closed, when they had the ball pit and trampoline, it seems like only kids under a certain height could use it. Does anyone remember if that was the case? If so, did it also apply to the slides and all the other old contraptions you walked through?
I do remember a height limit being applied to the ball pit, but I don't recall what it was. I just remember being mad that I couldn't play in the ball pit. Happy
(07-29-2017, 05:43 PM)Brăden Wrote: Judging from old pictures, it doesn't look like there was a height requirement for the Fun House at first. But in the years before it closed, when they had the ball pit and trampoline, it seems like only kids under a certain height could use it. Does anyone remember if that was the case? If so, did it also apply to the slides and all the other old contraptions you walked through?

Where are these pictures?

I don't think there was a height requirement for the main original fun house sections. I don't remember ever being too small to go in and there was definitely no upper limit. The entrance went straight into the obstacle course, which you had to navigate to enter the main level. The obstacle course ended with standing on a set of rollers and rolling downhill into a soft pad, at that point you were on the main level. From here you could continue through the rolling barrels over to the gunny slides or walk past the funhouse mirrors into the main area. You could repeatedly access the barrels and/or the gunny slides from the main level, but you'd have to exit and re-enter to do the obstacle course again. None of this had a height requirement that I know of.

The main floor also had a newer ball pit, a sort of bouncy house and some very small kiddie slides in the area that originally housed the big spinning contraptions (which was before my time). There were wooden cubbies for shoes and an attendant watching over everything. I'm sure these had a height limit because I also remember being too tall to enter the ball pit, and that no parents were ever in there.

I always loved ball pits as a kid, the one at Liberty Park was awesome. It had its own specially made building and no height limit.

Edit: When you say trampolines do you mean small one-person trampolines? I seem to barely remember something like that, but I wasn't too interested in them. It's possible the kiddie slides I mentioned came in at the very end and replaced those. If that's the case I'd guess the trampolines were older with no height limit. I don't remember actually using the kiddie slides, but I do remember being too big for them.

Edit 2: I never saw this but my older brother insists that before 1980 at the end of the obstacle course there was a sort of hallway of doors you navigated which had spooky scenes behind some of the doors. You would do this before getting to the barrels. This section would have been directly adjacent to Terroride.
(07-29-2017, 09:41 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Where are these pictures?

I don't think there was a height requirement for the main original fun house sections. I don't remember ever being too small to go in and there was definitely no upper limit. The entrance went straight into the obstacle course, which you had to navigate to enter the main level. The obstacle course ended with standing on a set of rollers and rolling downhill into a soft pad, at that point you were on the main level. From here you could continue through the rolling barrels over to the gunny slides or walk past the funhouse mirrors into the main area. You could repeatedly access the barrels and/or the gunny slides from the main level, but you'd have to exit and re-enter to do the obstacle course again. None of this had a height requirement that I know of.

The main floor also had a newer ball pit, a sort of bouncy house and some very small kiddie slides in the area that originally housed the big spinning contraptions (which was before my time). There were wooden cubbies for shoes and an attendant watching over everything. I'm sure these had a height limit because I also remember being too tall to enter the ball pit, and that no parents were ever in there.

I always loved ball pits as a kid, the one at Liberty Park was awesome. It had its own specially made building and no height limit.

Edit: When you say trampolines do you mean small one-person trampolines? I seem to barely remember something like that, but I wasn't too interested in them. It's possible the kiddie slides I mentioned came in at the very end and replaced those. If that's the case I'd guess the trampolines were older with no height limit. I don't remember actually using the kiddie slides, but I do remember being too big for them.

Edit 2: I never saw this but my older brother insists that before 1980 at the end of the obstacle course there was a sort of hallway of doors you navigated which had spooky scenes behind some of the doors. You would do this before getting to the barrels. This section would have been directly adjacent to Terroride.
There were mirrors on that wall, as I recall, in 2002.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
There were height limits on both the ball pit and the bounce house area. The ball pit was a low height, probably in the 42-46" range, while the bounce area had a lower limit, probably in the 42" range, since it seemed you graduated from the ball pit to the bouncy area. The bouncy area had the ladders that will spin if you aren't balanced on them, which I think have made an appearance in games by Wild Mouse.

The slides also had a height limit, but only for the upper section of the slides. You had a bunch of half height slides and a smaller number that went all the way to the top.

The last time I made it into Fun House was in 1986 or 1987. There were a lot of broken things in there, including the slides, which would be closed frequently. The spinning tunnels also closed a lot.

-Z
Thanks for everyone's responses. I guess I was remembering this "bouncy area" as a trampoline. I never went in so I guess I was too small or just decided the ball pit was more worth my time. I remember the spinning barrel still working my last time in there around 1988. I also remember things not fully working and thinking even then that the place had seen better days.

(07-29-2017, 09:41 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Where are these pictures?

There's one with this article about the Fun House. 
http://www.sltrib.com/home/5186387-155/w...agoons-fun