Roller Coaster Discussion
(11-07-2017, 07:40 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I wish I knew more about GCI trains

Art the new trains going to be Millennium Flyers? I'd guess GCI will try to sell Lagoon on another woodie if the two companies are working together on Roller Coaster. Maybe if Lagoon is happy with the results on Roller Coaster they'll buy one.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(11-07-2017, 09:02 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Art the new trains going to be Millennium Flyers? I'd guess GCI will try to sell Lagoon on another woodie if the two companies are working together on Roller Coaster. Maybe if Lagoon is happy with the results on Roller Coaster they'll buy one.

A GCI at Lagoon would be awesome. 

I'm glad roller coaster is getting some much needed love outside of the meticulous work Lagoon already puts into the ride.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
GCII's Second Project ever was Roller Coaster's Middle Hills in 1996, so.....

GCII's Millennium Flyers use the same system most PTCs use....a bar in the track that raises and lowers. There's no GCII anywhere that uses motors in the station....all gravity driven.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I wonder if like on other GCI's the reduction brake section will have a slight 3 degree bank to it used to align the brake fins. Makes me wonder if Roller Coasters reduction would be modified to this? Pretty ingenious system they have used.

Also We should have a contest of the best new design of Roller Coasters station.

EDIT: By the way here is a progress of RC in No Limits

Roller Coaster's station roof is missing as of Tuesday evening.  Shocked
(11-08-2017, 02:32 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Roller Coaster's station roof is missing as of Tuesday evening.  Shocked

I think you might have missed a post on the previous page... Wink

(11-07-2017, 06:17 PM)Willenator Wrote: I passed Lagoon today and noticed the station roof is gone. I couldn't see much else, but it was weird not seeing the curved metal roof among the trees.
(11-07-2017, 07:47 PM)Brăden Wrote: How much of the roof was gone, Will? Just the corrugated metal or the red beams also?

From what I could tell, the entire roof was gone. I need to get back over there and see what I can see from the road. I had noticed it from Legacy when my brother and I were coming back from Salt Lake.
(11-07-2017, 09:55 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I'm glad roller coaster is getting some much needed love outside of the meticulous work Lagoon already puts into the ride.

I'm glad to hear that as well.  The Roller Coaster was always the favorite of one of my aunts (my dad's youngest sister) when she was alive, and while I ride it several times a Lagoon trip, I always make sure to go on it early the first time (and that first run is always dedicated as the "Aunt Sylvia Memorial Run").
I have to amend my statement about the roof of roller coaster because I stopped by the park to grab a picture of it. The roof is still there. I forget how far back the station sits, and I think I was getting my hopes up with the rumors of updated trains that something more was being done. I do apologize. Here is the picture I took and a zoomed in version pointing out the roof.

Some good shots of Spiders uprights that work well for my recreation of it. I stopped working on it after the track work lol. I do have the fences inside of Roller Coasters station done though.