Roller Coaster Discussion
(10-27-2017, 03:46 PM)Willenator Wrote: Has reduction become that bad?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Search me... I haven't gotten to ride since April. Frown

I just have some fond memories of overly enthusiastic braking there over the years.  Don't get me wrong, "old me" will love the smoother stop if that's true.
Interesting. I don't remember it ever being rough, but I haven't ridden it in years.
Want some Gorilla Glue to adhere your head? lol

I might use that keep your head on phrase on Shane when we ride stuff.  Laugh
It was never Jet Star-bad, but it's had its moments for me. Suppose the magnetic brakes will not only be smoother, but lots less maintenance I'm guessing, too. I'll miss the PTC trains, but if the GCI trains are easier to maintain, then I'm all for keeping costs lower on the maintenance end. Hopefully more roomy. Wish I had a chance to get out & ride other coasters more these days; haven't ever been on a GCI train before to my knowledge, just PTC trains.
Reduction is really bad. I rode it tonight and it needs work.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
In what way is Reduction "Really Bad?"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Reduction on roller coaster?
Rode today for the first time since April, and reduction itself wasn't too bad... but I think the operators running it were being a bit sloppy on the brakes. We had a couple of pretty good slams coming out of reduction and into the station.
(10-28-2017, 05:00 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Rode today for the first time since April, and reduction itself wasn't too bad... but I think the operators running it were being a bit sloppy on the brakes.  We had a couple of pretty good slams coming out of reduction and into the station.

*Ride enhancements

Happy
(10-28-2017, 01:23 PM)linearinduction Wrote: In what way is Reduction "Really Bad?"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

both times I've ridden it in October there has been a really bad vibration when the train hits reduction. Feels like your going over a cattle grate.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West