Roller Coaster Discussion
(10-23-2017, 04:26 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: No way. Lagoon wouldn't exist if it weren't for that roller coaster. They have empty space and access to lumber if they want an RMC.

A ground up RMC would be an awesome addition to Lagoon.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I have a couple of friends who think the past is pointless and want to get rid of it. The best explanation I've ever found is "Just because old castles in europe are starting to get old and the steps might be less technologically advanced when compared to elevators you don't just rip down the castle and replace it with a new modern hotel. You don't just throw away history like that."
I think a new woodie in 2021 is an obvious choice. Roller Coaster is the single best investment and most important ride in the history of the park. They should honor it with a sibling for the next 100 years.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(10-23-2017, 08:47 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: I have a couple of friends who think the past is pointless and want to get rid of it. The best explanation I've ever found is "Just because old castles in europe are starting to get old and the steps might be less technologically advanced when compared to elevators you don't just rip down the castle and replace it with a new modern hotel. You don't just throw away history like that."

Your friends kind of thinking is dangerous. History is awesome and much be preserved. 

(10-23-2017, 09:10 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think a new woodie in 2021 is an obvious choice. Roller Coaster is the single best investment and most important ride in the history of the park. They should honor it with a sibling for the next 100 years.

Yes it would. I think a GCI woodie.

(10-23-2017, 02:28 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: How many people on this board would support (forget what ACE thinks) a complete RMC overhaul?!?

Over my dead body.

I have no problem if Lagoon wants to build a ground-up RMC (although I'd hope they'd opt for a bespoke GCI, but I get that hybrids are all the rage now), but they can keep their damn dirty hands off of Roller Coaster.
I doubt they could do anything with it to make it worth the effort. It would be better to start from scratch.
(10-24-2017, 07:54 AM)Brăden Wrote: I doubt they could do anything with it to make it worth the effort. It would be better to start from scratch.

I agree. Anything they did do to it would pretty much be a ground up ride anyways as the lift is under 100 feet so they would need to add a lot of height to the lift and I agree it just wouldn't be worth it.

I do have a pretty cool concept that GCI could do to modify Roller Coaster but it is not finished yet.

I think a GCI layout like Mystic Timbers would be great at Lagoon.

It's way too much cost and not worth the return on the investment. Getting new trains and just rebuilding track sections is all it needs. Rmc just needs to build a new coaster for lagoon, would love to have another Woody.
Son of Roller Coaster anyone? lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-24-2017, 08:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Son of Roller Coaster anyone? lol

Ha ha!