Roller Coaster Discussion
emmyep2002 Wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Win
(07-19-2013, 08:29 AM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: Please don't tell me that you think Blue Streak has ejector airtime? I never even left my seat on that ride, and I am a really skinny guy. I personally don't find Magnum to have great ejector air either. Sure, it is there and it is powerful, but it is painful, very painful haha. The problem with all of the rides that you listed is that the bumpiness of the rides causes a sensation that feels like ejector airtime, but really isn't. With rides like Maverick, iSpeed, and NTAG, you have serious ejector airtime. Those three rides probably have the best airtime in the world. Have you ever ridden NTAG or Outlaw Run or even El Toro? That is what real ejector air is. Not little pops that you get from bouncing on the track. I stopped keeping track of my coaster count after I reached about 650 and that was nearly 2 years ago, but I imagine that my count is somewhere around 800 or 900 now, so I definitely know what I am talking about. Lagoon has one thing missing from its coaster line-up, a nonstop, mega coaster, airtime machine. We can only hope for that with the new ride.
Again, you obviously have never ridden Magnum, Gemini, or Blue Streak enough or in the Rain. You can have all of the coaster credits in the world, but if you have never ridden the same coasters hundreds of times in different seats in different conditions, you have no idea what a ride can and cannot provide and do. Next you'll be saying Ravine Flyer II has no Ejector Air! I Got Ejector Air yet again Tonight, like Last Friday Night, in the Back Seat in all the usual Places, like the Sunday before that, and the Sunday before that, etc. The Ejector Air in the Back Seat Last Friday night with the high humidity was on par with Maverick's Ejector Air Time Hill that I've received bruises from. I've never ridden NTAG, with it's literal Deadly airtime, Outlaw Run, or El Toro. If you think your "pops" of air on Roller Coaster were caused from it being "bumpy," you have no idea what you are talking about. Most coaster snobs don't even realize there are is a Double Up and Two Double Downs on Roller Coaster as it is. Sorry, you will be disappointed with Lagoon's new Mega Coaster, but the rest of us will enjoy it. Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Arguing with idiots lol
^First off, I am far from an idiot on this subject. I go to Cedar Point every year and I ride Magnum, Gemini, and Blue Streak every single time. Magnum just is painful on the thighs. Also, it is completely and totally stupid to say that you need to ride a coaster "hundreds of times" in order to really understand the ride. All you really need is to ride the coaster in several locations throughout the train. I agree that Ravine Flyer II has ejector air though and it is my favorite GG ride by far (barely beating out Fireball at Happy Valley), but nothing compares to the ejector airtime on El Toro, NTAG, and Outlaw Run. All three of those rides make the "ejector air" on Roller Coaster look like Puff. I am sorry, but it is the truth. Imagine fourteen of Maverick's airtime hill all in a row and that is what you get on NTAG. It really is just non-stop real ejector airtime. The fact that you fan-boys don't realize what good airtime really is, is just horrifying. Moreover, the jack-hammering on the turn under the lift/first drop that was rebuilt a few years back is so uncomfortable that it makes Colossus look smooth. I think that Roller Coaster has a fantastic layout, I really do; however, nothing in that layout can compare to the Intamin and RMC layouts.
(07-24-2013, 02:46 PM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: ^First off, I am far from an idiot on this subject. I go to Cedar Point every year and I ride Magnum, Gemini, and Blue Streak every single time. Magnum just is painful on the thighs. Also, it is completely and totally stupid to say that you need to ride a coaster "hundreds of times" in order to really understand the ride. All you really need is to ride the coaster in several locations throughout the train. I agree that Ravine Flyer II has ejector air though and it is my favorite GG ride by far (barely beating out Fireball at Happy Valley), but nothing compares to the ejector airtime on El Toro, NTAG, and Outlaw Run. All three of those rides make the "ejector air" on Roller Coaster look like Puff. I am sorry, but it is the truth. Imagine fourteen of Maverick's airtime hill all in a row and that is what you get on NTAG. It really is just non-stop real ejector airtime. The fact that you fan-boys don't realize what good airtime really is, is just horrifying. Moreover, the jack-hammering on the turn under the lift/first drop that was rebuilt a few years back is so uncomfortable that it makes Colossus look smooth. I think that Roller Coaster has a fantastic layout, I really do; however, nothing in that layout can compare to the Intamin and RMC layouts.
Ok, I haven't said anything yet but now I'm putting in my two cents here. Air time is air time, whether or not you are out of your seat or weightless on your seat. Either way, if you did know what you were talking about, this would not be an issue because you would be able to ride any ride and say, "That was fun!"

To question all of this, why is airtime such a huge issue when the legendary Schwarzkopf created amazing roller coasters without the insistence of airtime??
(07-24-2013, 02:46 PM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: ^First off, I am far from an idiot on this subject. I go to Cedar Point every year and I ride Magnum, Gemini, and Blue Streak every single time. Magnum just is painful on the thighs. Also, it is completely and totally stupid to say that you need to ride a coaster "hundreds of times" in order to really understand the ride. All you really need is to ride the coaster in several locations throughout the train. I agree that Ravine Flyer II has ejector air though and it is my favorite GG ride by far (barely beating out Fireball at Happy Valley), but nothing compares to the ejector airtime on El Toro, NTAG, and Outlaw Run. All three of those rides make the "ejector air" on Roller Coaster look like Puff. I am sorry, but it is the truth. Imagine fourteen of Maverick's airtime hill all in a row and that is what you get on NTAG. It really is just non-stop real ejector airtime. The fact that you fan-boys don't realize what good airtime really is, is just horrifying. Moreover, the jack-hammering on the turn under the lift/first drop that was rebuilt a few years back is so uncomfortable that it makes Colossus look smooth. I think that Roller Coaster has a fantastic layout, I really do; however, nothing in that layout can compare to the Intamin and RMC layouts.
Ok, let me try to go about this in a different way. I've had just as good of air time on Roller Coaster as Maverick, Magnum, Gemini, and even Ravine Flyer II. Now, for you to say that because you haven't experienced "Ejector Air" on Roller Coaster at Lagoon so it cannot possibly have it is like me saying NTAG has No Air when I've never been on that ride. Come ride Roller Coaster next to me and you can look me in the eye and tell me there was no ejector air. Now, I know what you are talking about on East Curve, but it's Lateral Jarring on there and West Curve where the Train is Riding up on the Guide Rails. I guess you could consider that Jack Hammering, but I consider just up and down "Jack Hammering." The Bottom of Drop 4, before East Curve, has had Jack Hammering ever since GCI rebuilt Hills 2 and 4 in 1996/1997. Now, that Jack Hammering can be Utterly Brutal or Not Even Noticeable depending on the Weather Conditions (Humidity and Temperature), Train, and Seat Location. Also, the New Seats in the Back Row of Train (Can't Remember) cause the Lap Bars to go down One Click at the bottom of Drop 2 and another on Drop 5 and I have to ride Stapled which sucks.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
There's a ride called Stapled? Where?
(07-25-2013, 01:22 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
Ok, let me try to go about this in a different way. I've had just as good of air time on Roller Coaster as Maverick, Magnum, Gemini, and even Ravine Flyer II. Now, for you to say that because you haven't experienced "Ejector Air" on Roller Coaster at Lagoon so it cannot possibly have it is like me saying NTAG has No Air when I've never been on that ride. Come ride Roller Coaster next to me and you can look me in the eye and tell me there was no ejector air. Now, I know what you are talking about on East Curve, but it's Lateral Jarring on there and West Curve where the Train is Riding up on the Guide Rails. I guess you could consider that Jack Hammering, but I consider just up and down "Jack Hammering." The Bottom of Drop 4, before East Curve, has had Jack Hammering ever since GCI rebuilt Hills 2 and 4 in 1996/1997. Now, that Jack Hammering can be Utterly Brutal or Not Even Noticeable depending on the Weather Conditions (Humidity and Temperature), Train, and Seat Location. Also, the New Seats in the Back Row of Train (Can't Remember) cause the Lap Bars to go down One Click at the bottom of Drop 2 and another on Drop 5 and I have to ride Stapled which sucks.

The difference is that I have been on Roller Coaster MANY times. Not as much as you, but I would rather ride Colossus and Wicked anyway, so your argument isn't really valid in this situation. With the jackhammering, I meant lateral, so I am glad we are on the same page, haha. With the stapling, the fact that the ride experience is severely diminished with stapling isn't a good sign for ejector air. On NTAG, the airtime is absolutely balls-out crazy regardless of how tight the restraint is. I mean you might as well just say that a Japanese Jet Coaster has ejector air.

(07-24-2013, 05:41 PM)RCF Wrote:
Ok, I haven't said anything yet but now I'm putting in my two cents here. Air time is air time, whether or not you are out of your seat or weightless on your seat. Either way, if you did know what you were talking about, this would not be an issue because you would be able to ride any ride and say, "That was fun!"

To question all of this, why is airtime such a huge issue when the legendary Schwarzkopf created amazing roller coasters without the insistence of airtime??

I still think that Roller Coaster is fun. I can ride something without airtime and think it is a blast. Hell, I will ride a B&M any day I can because I think they are fun, but they don't have the power that the old-school B&M rides did. I am just trying to say that Roller Coaster isn't an airtime machine.

With the Schwarzkopf coasters, they are not about airtime. If a ride is built for airtime, it should have it, but Schwarzkopf built his rides for positive G's. Colossus isn't built for airtime, it is built for speed and forces and it succeeds at this.
linearinduction Wrote:With the Schwarzkopf coasters, they are not about airtime. If a ride is built for airtime, it should have it, but Schwarzkopf built his rides for positive G's. Colossus isn't built for airtime, it is built for speed and forces and it succeeds at this.

Agreed! The forces exerted are indeed delightful Smile
Lagoon really does need an air time coaster of some kind. I agree roller coaster has some good air time. But lagoons collection is missing a good air time monster