Roller Coaster Discussion
(10-15-2017, 10:47 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The current PTC Trains were added in the 1970s, but I believe they have received new Chassis at least once. Millennium Flyers are trailered trains, like Bombora's Trains, with a similar length, with a seat belt and T-Bar restraint. While I've yet to experience Millennium Flyers, the Gravity Kraft Timberliners were absolutely insane in their maneuvering and comfort, with no seat belt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow those ptc trains are really bad much worse than i thought.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Blue Streak at Cedar Point replaced their Original Trains in 2009, with new Chassis in the 90s, if I remember correctly. Most PTC cars last from 30 - 40 years, which is pretty incredible when you think about it. Also, Thunderhawk at Dorney just replaced their original PTC cars just a couple years ago as well. I would also say that Lagoon has maintained those PTC cars pretty well, given their age. Also, I'm curious, why did you think the trains were replaced in 1996?

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
The trains were at least heavily modified around 1990 as I recall. The lap bars used to be completely different. I heard a rumor that ART engineering is developing some wooden coaster trains...
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(10-15-2017, 10:58 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Blue Streak at Cedar Point replaced their Original Trains in 2009, with new Chassis in the 90s, if I remember correctly. Most PTC cars last from 30 - 40 years, which is pretty incredible when you think about it. Also, Thunderhawk at Dorney just replaced their original PTC cars just a couple years ago as well. I would also say that Lagoon has maintained those PTC cars pretty well, given their age. Also, I'm curious, why did you think the trains were replaced in 1996?

I had heard it somewhere before but oh well. 

Roller Coasters trains wouldnt be so bad if the lap bar wasnt so stupidly designed. The bend in it that hits the side of my leg making the lapbar sit at least six inches above my lab is a bad design. Id rather take Saltairs Giant Racers restraints more lol.

(10-16-2017, 05:53 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I had heard it somewhere before but oh well. 

Roller Coasters trains wouldnt be so bad if the lap bar wasnt so stupidly designed. The bend in it that hits the side of my leg making the lapbar sit at least six inches above my lab is a bad design. Id rather take Saltairs Giant Racers restraints more lol.

Completely agreed, it didn't used to be like that. As I remember, it used to have a single metal bar that covered the entire row, with no stupid bend. I remember being disappointed at the time the change was made for exactly the same reason. It's the lapbar change that led to you hearing the trains had been replaced. The change was made after the incident in 1989.
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride

Here is the progress on this project (My Saltair Project is the main priority right now) this shows how the trains look now.

Below is how the trains would look with a GCI Millennium Flyer train. (Please excuse the NL Logo, its not final yet) This gives a good look of what new trains would look like.

How many people on this board would support (forget what ACE thinks) a complete RMC overhaul?!?
(10-23-2017, 02:28 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: How many people on this board would support (forget what ACE thinks) a complete RMC overhaul?!?

Never to Roller Coaster. I would support them re tracking it maybe and this is very slim maybe track topper. But no way no how of the I-box track. Roller Coaster is pure roller coaster history and we are lucky to have it around still. I have a  major re work of Roller Coaster in process just to see what could be done but I would never condone it to really be done.

No way. Lagoon wouldn't exist if it weren't for that roller coaster. They have empty space and access to lumber if they want an RMC.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
Roller Coaster is one of the oldest Roller Coasters still in operation so probably not.