Roller Coaster Discussion
I would definitely count being thrown from a ride as bad air time. Happy
Sorry what's air time im lost
Amusement Park Authority Wrote:Airtime - The sensation of floating during low - or negative - moments. These instances of weightlessness are found over the tops of low-lying "speed hills" or during abrupt downward and upward transitions. Airtime is considered by coaster fans to be an extremely important ingredient for a good roller coaster.
http://amusementparkauthority.com/glossary.html
Shoutbox Win

(07-14-2013, 10:04 PM)Velcro Wrote:
Amusement Park Authority Wrote:Airtime - The sensation of floating during low - or negative - moments. These instances of weightlessness are found over the tops of low-lying "speed hills" or during abrupt downward and upward transitions. Airtime is considered by coaster fans to be an extremely important ingredient for a good roller coaster.
http://amusementparkauthority.com/glossary.html

Depends on the type of coaster, but on Hyper and above style coasters airtime is key.
Well ever since they put new lap bars that are heavier and tighten down on you its not as much air time. I liked the old bars that stayed up. (Even though many times of riding it they would completely pop up on me while riding.) Wernt those a type of buzz bars? I think they use to have the single buzz bar that would go across the whole seat right?
(07-09-2013, 02:18 PM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: I have ridden it at night. I just don't think it provides as much air as you think it does. That being said, I have been spoiled by RMC's new rides. If we could get a ride that has as multiple points of the ejector air found on the top hat of Wicked, it would really be amazing. Now that they added additional padding to the seats on Roller Coaster, it is much more tolerable then before, but I just don't think it has much airtime, even at night. I would actually call the airtime on Roller Coaster more of a floater airtime, but it does have one or two good pops, but I wouldn't call it ejector air at all.
Last Friday Night, Roller Coaster was providing MAJOR Ejector Air in the Back Seat on Hills 2, 4, Drop out of East Curve, Drop 6 (Double Up), Drop 7 (Double Down), Hill 8, Final Double Down, and Floater into Reduction. Magnum and Gemini give some of the best Ejector Air and Roller Coaster's Ejector Air is equal to it. When was the last time you rode Roller Coaster at Lagoon? There's been no "additional padding" added to Roller Coaster, however, some "Softer" Seats have been installed.

(07-16-2013, 05:32 AM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: Well ever since they put new lap bars that are heavier and tighten down on you its not as much air time. I liked the old bars that stayed up. (Even though many times of riding it they would completely pop up on me while riding.) Wernt those a type of buzz bars? I think they use to have the single buzz bar that would go across the whole seat right?
Spencer, the new Lap Bars are no heavier than the Old Ones. The OLD Individual Lap Bars were Spring Loaded Ratcheting Lap Bars. This is why you had to push them down, and they would fly up. The New Lap Bars are the same Ratcheting Lap Bars used on 99% of PTC Trains, so there is no tension causing them to "pop up" like they used to. "Buzz Bars" are indeed Single Lap Bars with Electric Locks. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Last time I rode Roller Coaster was on July 3rd at night. When I say padding, I mean a softer seat cushion, so we are talking about the same thing. I agree that Magnum has some intense ejector air, but it is still nothing like NTAG or Outlaw Run or El Toro. When I ride those rides, I am never in my seat, but when I ride Roller Coaster, I might be in might seat, but there might be a bit of float. It is no where near the level of real ejector air like on Wicked over the top-hat or on Phoenix at Knoebels. Rocket (Blast-off tower) gives more of an ejector airtime feel than Roller coaster, and I think that S&S towers are some of the most tame thrill rides out there. I know that you want to make the ride seem as good as possible, but it just isn't up to the level of other rides out there in terms of airtime. It does, however, have an absolutely fantastic layout, especially for its age.
(07-18-2013, 12:40 PM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: Last time I rode Roller Coaster was on July 3rd at night. When I say padding, I mean a softer seat cushion, so we are talking about the same thing. I agree that Magnum has some intense ejector air, but it is still nothing like NTAG or Outlaw Run or El Toro. When I ride those rides, I am never in my seat, but when I ride Roller Coaster, I might be in might seat, but there might be a bit of float. It is no where near the level of real ejector air like on Wicked over the top-hat or on Phoenix at Knoebels. Rocket (Blast-off tower) gives more of an ejector airtime feel than Roller coaster, and I think that S&S towers are some of the most tame thrill rides out there. I know that you want to make the ride seem as good as possible, but it just isn't up to the level of other rides out there in terms of airtime. It does, however, have an absolutely fantastic layout, especially for its age.
I've ridden Roller Coaster at least twice a week since the end of may, so I'm not making Roller Coaster seem "better" than it actually is. I got some great ejector air in the back row near closing on July 3rd even. I've ridden Magnum, Gemini, and Blue Streak in the Rain. In fact, I stopped counting my rides on Gemini and Magnum after 200. I have the bruises on my thighs to prove the ejector air time on Roller Coaster...anyone want to see those pics? I didn't think so. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Please don't tell me that you think Blue Streak has ejector airtime? I never even left my seat on that ride, and I am a really skinny guy. I personally don't find Magnum to have great ejector air either. Sure, it is there and it is powerful, but it is painful, very painful haha. The problem with all of the rides that you listed is that the bumpiness of the rides causes a sensation that feels like ejector airtime, but really isn't. With rides like Maverick, iSpeed, and NTAG, you have serious ejector airtime. Those three rides probably have the best airtime in the world. Have you ever ridden NTAG or Outlaw Run or even El Toro? That is what real ejector air is. Not little pops that you get from bouncing on the track. I stopped keeping track of my coaster count after I reached about 650 and that was nearly 2 years ago, but I imagine that my count is somewhere around 800 or 900 now, so I definitely know what I am talking about. Lagoon has one thing missing from its coaster line-up, a nonstop, mega coaster, airtime machine. We can only hope for that with the new ride.