Roller Coaster Discussion
(04-20-2011, 11:42 PM)ilikebulgy Wrote:
Quote:It's not the "Trains" that squeal, it's the Track. Good ol' Penzoil does the trick, besides, it only started squealing later in the afternoon when the weather cleared up! Smile

Perhaps .. it was a combination of train AND track Shocked. The car was only screeching bloody murder on turns. I have to say I agree with the preseason theory, as I vaguely remember similar headache-inducing experiences in years past.
Nope, all Track. Wink

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-08-2013, 03:16 PM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: So are we still looking at a 200+ ft hyper coaster? I would have hoped for some more airtime as that is really the main thing missing from Lagoon. There really isn't a roller coaster that produces much airtime, except for the tophat on Wicked.

Is the Roller Coaster no longer in the park?? It has LOTS of airtime.
Not really. It has floater airtime at best, but nothing more. It tries to have airtime, but floater air isn't really airtime. Lagoon needs a ride that has multiple moments of ejector airtime. It is the only thing missing from the park.
(07-09-2013, 07:53 AM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: Not really. It has floater airtime at best, but nothing more. It tries to have airtime, but floater air isn't really airtime. Lagoon needs a ride that has multiple moments of ejector airtime. It is the only thing missing from the park.
You've obviously NEVER ridden Roller Coaster at Night, as the Double Ups and Double Downs Provide lots of Ejector Air!
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I have ridden it at night. I just don't think it provides as much air as you think it does. That being said, I have been spoiled by RMC's new rides. If we could get a ride that has as multiple points of the ejector air found on the top hat of Wicked, it would really be amazing. Now that they added additional padding to the seats on Roller Coaster, it is much more tolerable then before, but I just don't think it has much airtime, even at night. I would actually call the airtime on Roller Coaster more of a floater airtime, but it does have one or two good pops, but I wouldn't call it ejector air at all.
(07-09-2013, 02:18 PM)coastercrazy216 Wrote: I have ridden it at night. I just don't think it provides as much air as you think it does. That being said, I have been spoiled by RMC's new rides. If we could get a ride that has as multiple points of the ejector air found on the top hat of Wicked, it would really be amazing. Now that they added additional padding to the seats on Roller Coaster, it is much more tolerable then before, but I just don't think it has much airtime, even at night. I would actually call the airtime on Roller Coaster more of a floater airtime, but it does have one or two good pops, but I wouldn't call it ejector air at all.

How many coasters hve you ridden in your lifetime??
I stopped counting a couple of years ago, but I have ridden enough coasters to know what is good airtime versus bad airtime. Go ride NTAG and then come back and tell me that Roller Coaster has lots of airtime. I am not saying that Roller Coaster is bad by any means, I just think that it does not pack the punch many people think it does. Anyway, back to the discussion of the new Mega Coaster. Anyone have any idea what degree of drop we could be seeing.
Wouldn't "good airtime" be a matter of opinion?
I would think so. I doubt we all experience airtime the same way.
Maybe bad air time is being thrown from the ride?