Roller Coaster Discussion
Since we don't have an "Official" all about Roller Coaster Thread, I figured I'd create one.

Took my first ride on Roller Coaster for 2011 yesterday with Trackbender and I was totally shocked! Lagoon has rebuilt the First Drop and boy is it Smooth at the Bottom. Also rebuilt was the bottom of the 4th drop and hill into East Curve, which is no longer Rough at the Slightest! Lagoon deserves a Standing Ovation for the Work on Roller Coaster over the Off Season! This is the smoothest Roller Coaster has been in a LONG Time! Great Job!
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
It seems to get better and better every off season. Its just too bad they cant get a bigger crew to work on it more during the winter with all the other work happening on the park.
(04-18-2011, 10:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Since we don't have an "Official" all about Roller Coaster Thread, I figured I'd create one.

Took my first ride on Roller Coaster for 2011 yesterday with Trackbender and I was totally shocked! Lagoon has rebuilt the First Drop and boy is it Smooth at the Bottom. Also rebuilt was the bottom of the 4th drop and hill into East Curve, which is no longer Rough at the Slightest! Lagoon deserves a Standing Ovation for the Work on Roller Coaster over the Off Season! This is the smoothest Roller Coaster has been in a LONG Time! Great Job!

The first drop is like Butter! (almost too smooth if you ask me) A whole new sensation. Bravo to Lagoon for putting in the effort! Wink
It's so funny. Whenever I talk to the almost anyone in the general public about Lagoon, the first thing they always say is how the Roller Coaster should be torn down. That it's too old and rickety. LOL Now I can say here's further proof that it is......go figure.....just one section at a time and being rebult! Ha Ha! Better than ever. Now go and ride it! Wink
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
I rode Saturday. Agreed! What a sweet ride! I was in disbelief how smooth it was. Very enjoyable! I'll be riding again this weekend. Wink

I think the general public would like Roller Coaster to be a single color (either natural wood or white.) Half and half throws people off into thinking it's rickety and falling apart. They have NO idea how much time and effort is spent during the off season inspecting, maintaining/replacing old wood and ensuring safety.
I've always enjoyed Roller Coaster! Now that you started this thread, I can't wait to go on it this season! I remember when I first saw Roller Coaster I thought that because is was partly brown and white, it meant that it was falling apart. I'm sooo glad that I rode it. Happy
The girlfriend and I rode Roller Coaster on Sunday. The track work is commendable, but the train was squealing painfully loud (definitely more than usual) on basically every turn. I hope some work is done on them or they'll surely be getting guest complaints.
I thought Roller Coaster's trains always squealed a lot in the preseason.
That's what I thought too. Who's been on Roller Coaster in past years where it has squealed a lot in the preseason?
(04-20-2011, 11:16 AM)ilikebulgy Wrote: The girlfriend and I rode Roller Coaster on Sunday. The track work is commendable, but the train was squealing painfully loud (definitely more than usual) on basically every turn. I hope some work is done on them or they'll surely be getting guest complaints.
It's not the "Trains" that squeal, it's the Track. Good ol' Penzoil does the trick, besides, it only started squealing later in the afternoon when the weather cleared up! Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Quote:It's not the "Trains" that squeal, it's the Track. Good ol' Penzoil does the trick, besides, it only started squealing later in the afternoon when the weather cleared up! Smile

Perhaps .. it was a combination of train AND track Shocked. The car was only screeching bloody murder on turns. I have to say I agree with the preseason theory, as I vaguely remember similar headache-inducing experiences in years past.