Preserving Lagoon historical pictures and memorabilia
This thread is for preserving any old photos or anything else from Lagoon that you might have in your collection. Only post things that you own and agree to allow lagoonisfun.com and/or lagoonhistory.com to use freely. There are tons of photos of lost rides and attractions sitting in peoples photo albums, scrapbooks, and stacks of video tapes. You can preserve these memories for future generations by adding them here.

I'll start it off with this rare little item that my family came across:

(06-30-2017, 09:30 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: This thread is for preserving any old photos or anything else from Lagoon that you might have in your collection. Only post things that you own and agree to allow lagoonisfun.com and/or lagoonhistory.com to use freely. There are tons of photos of lost rides and attractions sitting in peoples photo albums, scrapbooks, and stacks of video tapes. You can preserve these memories for future generations by adding them here.

Very Cool Luke!!! I have a bunch of Lagoon Memorabilia.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-30-2017, 10:06 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Very Cool Luke!!! I have a bunch of Lagoon Memorabilia.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Take some pictures of it, use a piece of poster board as a background. I might be able to find a cheapo scanner to give you if you've got stuff to scan and share.
(06-30-2017, 09:30 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: This thread is for preserving any old photos or anything else from Lagoon that you might have in your collection.

Win

I love this idea. I'm going to have to see what I can dig up.
(06-30-2017, 09:30 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: This thread is for preserving any old photos or anything else from Lagoon that you might have in your collection. Only post things that you own and agree to allow lagoonisfun.com and/or lagoonhistory.com to use freely. There are tons of photos of lost rides and attractions sitting in peoples photo albums, scrapbooks, and stacks of video tapes. You can preserve these memories for future generations by adding them here.

Wow, this is an amazing find!
Anybody have one of these things?

Yes! I already have a picture somewhere. I'll try to find it
(07-01-2017, 01:17 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Anybody have one of these things?

I know my mother has one somewhere from when I was much younger. I need to see if I can find it.
(07-01-2017, 01:17 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Anybody have one of these things?

Sometimes things align with the universe. I see your question on the old photo viewers and then someone shares one on Instagram:

[Image: 19761522_150325018864661_4828806381995819008_n.jpg]

Happy
Sweet! I wish I still had mine. Frown

For those who don't know about this, there used to be employees right inside the gates who would take your picture as soon as you entered the park, then they'd give you a number. Sometime later you could go to the stand in front of the stairs to Dracula's Castle and they'd have one of these put together with your picture in it that you could look at and buy if you wanted. You look into one end and point the other end at the sun to see the picture. This was before digital cameras.