The Lost History of Saltair -A Book and Documentary Project
(01-24-2019, 12:02 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: You are correct. My book is about the "lost" history of Saltair, so there is a section on the sale of alcohol at the resort. The selling of beer was big business to the resort and it was halted for the reason most  would not expect.

People vomiting in the water?
Banana
(01-24-2019, 12:24 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: People vomiting in the water?

Na but that would be pretty bad lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-24-2019, 12:02 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: You are correct. My book is about the "lost" history of Saltair, so there is a section on the sale of alcohol at the resort. The selling of beer was big business to the resort and it was halted for the reason most  would not expect.
Prohibition? Since that worked about as well as abstinence only sex Ed. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-24-2019, 04:16 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Prohibition? Since that worked about as well as abstinence only sex Ed. lol

Na it ended and began again long before that. Its an interesting part of the resorts history though.

(01-24-2019, 04:46 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Na it ended and began again long before that. Its an interesting part of the resorts history though.
Well, I am fascinated regardless. Smile

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
[Image: 6864c0ad2aa92fe2e2847a25c6d4fb64.jpg]

The partial manuscript is almost ready to be submitted. I finished this partial manuscript in Oct of last year. Once I was done with it, I had 10 trusted friends read it over and give me comments and suggestions for making it better. I have taken those comments and suggestions and incorporated the ones I fell worked for the betterment of my book. Now that that process is done. The task at hand today is to take my printed copy and hand edit it to make sure I have not missed anything. Once this final round of editing by hand is done and incorporated into the digital version I will be submitting it along with the other documents required to a few potential publishers. This partial manuscript sits at 60 pages (with a few images thrown in to sweeten the deal). Everyday the book comes together more and more. It had been awhile since I had given an update to this project. For keeping updated on the book more closely, be sure to like the facebook page I have set up for it here: The Lost History of Saltair

Also Episode 2 of Coasters Connected is in the works but real life responsibilities have kept it from being completed It probably will be a march release.

I have submitted my 60 page proposal to the publisher! Now the waiting game and finishing the rest of the book while I wait.

What time is this going to air and is there a link to stream it?
(02-27-2019, 06:56 PM)DeLorean Wrote: What time is this going to air and is there a link to stream it?

They didnt say just sometime during their nightly news broadcast tonight.

(02-27-2019, 03:34 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I have submitted my 60 page proposal to the publisher! Now the waiting game and finishing the rest of the book while I wait.

Well, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you'll be able to report some good news soon!