The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon!
Very nice.
Update: November 1, 2017

The new additions to the book and the documentary are well underway. This will be a telling of the Saltair story not heard before and will give details about the resort that have been forgotten including 40 pages on just the roller coasters. The book will feature at least 8 images so farm, 4 never before seen images.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-01-2017, 03:09 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Update: November 1, 2017

The new additions to the book and the documentary are well underway. This will be a telling of the Saltair story not heard before and will give details about the resort that have been forgotten including 40 pages on just the roller coasters. The book will feature at least 8 images so farm, 4 never before seen images.

Oh, it just keep getting better and better.   Happy
I was just reading a history of Saltair (https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=423285) and noticed some intriguing information about Giant Racer. The book spoke about the two 110' peaks and eight lesser peaks. That would make Giant Racer just as tall as Wicked, but with more play after the rise. It just made me think, what if Lagoon decided to build Giant Racer as their next coaster rather than putting together a fresh new design? This would be an impressive coaster to add to the park.

-Z
(11-17-2017, 04:01 PM)Z Wrote: I was just reading a history of Saltair (https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=423285) and noticed some intriguing information about Giant Racer. The book spoke about the two 110' peaks and eight lesser peaks. That would make Giant Racer just as tall as Wicked, but with more play after the rise. It just made me think, what if Lagoon decided to build Giant Racer as their next coaster rather than putting together a fresh new design? This would be an impressive coaster to add to the park.

-Z

I've read through that before and it is one of the better articles written about Saltair. Though it does a good job of covering Saltair however it has some facts wrong on some aspects especially about the coasters out there though all histories about Saltair do. I currently have 40 pages written just about the coasters themselves that will be in my upcoming book. Which will feature all of the stats about the Giant Racer(s). As the height of the lift hills is the only stat that has been passed on I can confirm it was 110 feet tall and it says two points that tall because it was a racing coaster much like Colossus at Magic Mountain (pre RMC obviously). It had more than 8 lessor peaks as well. It was a wild, wild ride. I can't wait to share my research but it will be released in my book on Saltair I am writing as well as the documentary. Both will feature never before seen images of all the coasters out there, 7 of them no historical group in Utah has. The book will be much more detailed than the documentary but they are meant to be used together.

The question is though which Giant Racer would you want at Lagoon Giant Racer 1 or Giant Racer 2? Don't believe anyone who says they were the same coaster as that is not true. I personally could not choose between the two.

Giant Racer 1
[Image: 783685a65d16ece54c3dcdf290415236.png]

Giant Racer 2
[Image: 9a3fd6a5c13cc55569d1f9c4d9285f5b.png]

My grandpa said Giant Racer 2 was a really painful ride.
(11-18-2017, 03:32 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: My grandpa said Giant Racer 2 was a really painful ride.
A modern recreation wouldn't be though lol. But yes the 1st gen trains on it were a rough.

Remember that there are still 4 super donor spots left. The more money I can raise allows for more pictures in the book. Right now the book has 7 never before seen images and a few less scene ones. I am going to be getting a few others as well. All super donors will recieve copy of the book.  
https://www.gofundme.com/SaltairRollerCoasters

The Lost Coasters of Saltair is in need of help. I am in need of a few more donations in order to secure a very rare image of the Giant Racer 2  to be in the book and the documentary. It is one that has been locked up in a archive for 60 years and hasn't been seen since and has a very high licensing fee associated with it. My fundraiser reached its goal of 500 but I am in need of 100 dollars more to secure this image. Because of some large donations I still have 4 super donor positions available which would make it possible to hit my goal. A super donor is one who donates 25 or more. All super donors will receive a copy of the book when it is published and have their name in a special thanks section in the beginning of the book.  Any help is very much appreciated!

The Lost Coasters of Saltair

Thanks

(11-29-2017, 01:55 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The Lost Coasters of Saltair is in need of help. I am in need of a few more donations in order to secure a very rare image of the Giant Racer 2  to be in the book and the documentary. It is one that has been locked up in a archive for 60 years and hasn't been seen since and has a very high licensing fee associated with it. My fundraiser reached its goal of 500 but I am in need of 100 dollars more to secure this image. Because of some large donations I still have 4 super donor positions available which would make it possible to hit my goal. A super donor is one who donates 25 or more. All super donors will receive a copy of the book when it is published and have their name in a special thanks section in the beginning of the book.  Any help is very much appreciated!

The Lost Coasters of Saltair

Thanks

I'll be donating in the next couple of days when there's some $ on my card. Also, I emailed you a non-ride related image from Saltair you may not have seen before.
(11-29-2017, 08:42 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'll be donating in the next couple of days when there's some $ on my card. Also, I emailed you a non-ride related image from Saltair you may not have seen before.

That will be awesome! Thanks