Log Flume Discussion
(06-27-2017, 09:45 PM)Willenator Wrote: I saw the new Log Flume sign on the top of the hill today. It looks awesome and out of place at the same time.

Once the wood ages, it should fit in better.
Updated paint on logs. Shane sent this to me yesterday, so I'm sharing it here.

[Image: f6ddb3b4fe87dc41a20ae66a809a1475.jpg]
They look allot better. Now if they would redo the ride...
(05-13-2018, 02:07 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: They look allot better. Now if they would redo the ride...

They are ugly, albino logs.
I agree.....I wish they would paint them back into having them look like logs with the two colors. Now they look like RCT Logs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'm just going to call them "white chocolate" and "milk chocolate" from now on.

"Ugly" is being nice. Not sure what somebody was thinking with that one. After all the TLC the rest of the ride's been getting, that's... disappointing.
So those are the right log colors, but each log should have both colors, one for the bark and one for the wood. It's like somebody picked the right colors and handed them to a painter who had no clue what to do with them. Lagoon neeeeeds a creative director who coordinates and oversees the artistic side of the park. It's not a crazy idea, I'm pretty sure all other parks have somebody like this.
Banana
(05-14-2018, 02:07 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: So those are the right log colors, but each log should have both colors, one for the bark and one for the wood. It's like somebody picked the right colors and handed them to a painter who had no clue what to do with them. Lagoon neeeeeds a creative director who coordinates and oversees the artistic side of the park. It's not a crazy idea, I'm pretty sure all other parks have somebody like this.

They need to hire you Luke for that position.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-14-2018, 06:51 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: They need to hire you Luke for that position.
I agree. He has great ideas. I thought the brown logs were the repainted ones? I hope they are not going to repaint them all that horrible off yellow color.
(05-14-2018, 02:34 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I agree. He has great ideas. I thought the brown logs were the repainted ones? I hope they are not going to repaint them all that horrible off yellow color.

Thanks, I'm not trying to say they should hire me, just that they should hire somebody. It appears that all of the logs have been repainted. Some solid light brown, some solid dark brown.

They were previously painted with multiple colors to actually look like logs, something like this:

[Image: logs.jpg]
Banana