Lagoon Lighting
(06-07-2017, 03:03 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I thought they spent a significant amount of money to re-do Sky Scraper's lighting some handful of years ago. I doubt they'll do anything with it now since Cannibal blocks the west view of the ride. Have you heard anything Sid?
Lagoon rewired the Lighting and Upgraded to LEDs, and installed a new lighting PLC in-house, so it wasn't nearly as expensive as it could have been, but was still sizeable. The lights that appear to be "out," are actually not burned out or broken, just victims of a frozen lighting PLC in sequence.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Thanks! Do you think they fix the PLC?
(06-08-2017, 12:28 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Thanks! Do you think they fix the PLC?
It's been several years and no fix. Considering the amount of Money Lagoon spends on PLC Counters, which have replaced turnstiles, and building new PLCs for Rides (Fire Dragon, Roller Coaster, Spider, etc.) it should be an easy fix. Perhaps if you take the time to fill out a suggestion form in Guest Services the next time you are at the park or E-mail them, Dave Freed will read it and something might be done sooner. It's probably something on what many of us refer to as "The List," which is a list of projects/upgrades that seem to have an 8-10 year completion rate.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Makes sense. Thanks again.
Welcome, count.orion!  I do hear ya about the lighting.  Some places I don't pay much attention to as far as lighting, but other areas (such as Colossus) look absolutely amazing when lit up properly, so it's a bummer when it's obvious not all the lights are working.

(06-07-2017, 12:27 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Apart from a few weirdos,

Sir, I shall have you know I resemble that remark! Tongue