Suggestion - tip line
I guess I've been out of the loop for a long time. lol. I've been finding stuff out as we go along! The last year or two I've gotten the "I thought we told about this already," and I'm like ... no. Haven't heard about it. I guess that is understandable since I run the site.

I do understand your frustration jetstar2. I would rather not know that someone knows something than have them flaunt the fact that they know something but can't tell me.
(06-07-2017, 10:23 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I can't even directly explain my point without revealing something 'secret'. I wonder if people understand what I'm talking about in my third and fourth bullet points. Trying to speculate about things with people who already know the things but are sworn to secrecy about them and therefore won't say anything is not fun at all. It's pointless and frustrating.

I understand that nobody wants anybody to get fired. Taking somebody who is leaking info publicly by their own choice and stopping them by basically saying 'just tell us and nobody else needs to find out' isn't really looking out for them, it's selfish. You can deny this happens here, but I've personally seen it and even participated in it. I fully acknowledge that it was selfish of me to do so.

The forums sure are dead lately considering there's a highly anticipated 'new' ride opening any time now.

Why do you need to know the things that you're sitting on at all? Perhaps immoral is the wrong word, but I think it is unethical to pass yourself off as a fan site and then get the info that you know that the fans want only for yourself by agreeing not to give it to fans.
There seems to be some assumptions that we actively solicit information just to keep it from others, which is not the case. Sources may share things, and specifically request we don't share, as I've described has happened before. Why do people seek us out with those kinds of requests? Because they want to share and don't want to lose their job over it. Again, why us? Because we can be trusted to keep our Sources Confidential. LIF has, and never will be a Rumor site like Screamscape. When we are able to share information from sources, we like to be as factual as possible, and accurately report what we have been told.

As with Lagoon's Mountain Guardian, some of us may have known about it for a while, but since it's being openly discussed on the park, we can discuss it openly here. The great thing about this is the lack of secrecy about the nature of the project. Something suggested here could be read by management and taken into consideration.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Could you please explain Mountain Guardian?

-Z
(06-08-2017, 12:00 AM)Z Wrote: Could you please explain Mountain Guardian?

-Z

lol

There have been posts here talking about plans for a 2020ish roller coaster that is 'interactive'. I noted in a post that it kind of sounded like Wonder Mountain's Guardian which happens to be Bombora's closest relative. Ever since then I've seen linearinduction refering to it that way but I don't actually know if he's messing with me or if that's what he really expects it to be.

(06-07-2017, 11:14 PM)Willenator Wrote: I do understand your frustration jetstar2. I would rather not know that someone knows something than have them flaunt the fact that they know something but can't tell me.

It's nice of almost everybody here to not do that, but honestly I'd prefer that they did say they knew something. I wouldn't waste my energy trying to speculate about stuff with them.
I'm always willing to give something a try, so I started putting something together for this. I thought it would be nice to keep it simple, so here is the working idea I have so far: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ...sp=sf_link

I can easily create a subdomain for it like tips.lagoonisfun.com or something similar to make it easy for people to get to the form and even include a link in the header of the site.
It looks good to me
(06-07-2017, 11:15 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There seems to be some assumptions that we actively solicit information just to keep it from others, which is not the case.

I was referring to the private boards on this site which I didn't want to directly name where perhaps in the past new people with stuff to share have been directed to, causing what they share to become hidden. I have been informed that the private boards actually no longer exist so now I feel dumb. Sorry about the confusion.