Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2018
(02-11-2018, 04:09 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: So I'm guessing the lack of anything (almost halfway thru February) means that Dracula's Castle is not happening this year but of coarse I could be wrong. This is such a classic ride for me but is in dire need of allot of love. Who knows maybe Lagoon has managed to keep this one hush hush.

Although I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's being worked on at some level. It's either in planning or already being rebuilt. Last year Lagoon built Seance in the same building while the park was open and nobody figured it out, so I wouldn't be too surprised that they could keep the project under wraps while the park is closed. Last year the people doing the re-imagining were throwing out some tidbits on instagram, but this year those same voices are oddly silent, not really talking about anything at all... They were likely informed about Lagoon's brick wall marketing policy and asked to go along with it.

There was this image of a Lion's mouth door knocker posted last year and it was meant for Lagoon. Anybody know if it is part of Seance?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
I saw Séance twice last year and it was definitely not in there.
(02-12-2018, 02:42 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Although I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's being worked on at some level. It's either in planning or already being rebuilt. Last year Lagoon built Seance in the same building while the park was open and nobody figured it out, so I wouldn't be too surprised that they could keep the project under wraps while the park is closed. Last year the people doing the re-imagining were throwing out some tidbits on instagram, but this year those same voices are oddly silent, not really talking about anything at all... They were likely informed about Lagoon's brick wall marketing policy and asked to go along with it.

Brick Wall Marketing Policy I love it!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
That was 100% not in Seance. Could it have been in the falling suit room of Terrorride, or something for Primordial?
I could've sworn that post originally had some text that mentioned more stuff coming to Lagoon after Terroride, but now the text is gone. The paper in the picture is a list of things that needed finishing on Terroride under the re-imagining contract. I've looked and the knocker isn't in Terroride. A round ring goes in the lion's mouth.

I don't know for sure, but a medieval castle is a really good candidate for big fancy door knockers. Here's what the knockers on the real Dracula's castle look like:

[Image: 6286136519_33eb23021c_b.jpg]
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
(02-12-2018, 02:42 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Although I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's being worked on at some level. It's either in planning or already being rebuilt. Last year Lagoon built Seance in the same building while the park was open and nobody figured it out, so I wouldn't be too surprised that they could keep the project under wraps while the park is closed. Last year the people doing the re-imagining were throwing out some tidbits on instagram, but this year those same voices are oddly silent, not really talking about anything at all... They were likely informed about Lagoon's brick wall marketing policy and asked to go along with it.

There was this image of a Lion's mouth door knocker posted last year and it was meant for Lagoon. Anybody know if it is part of Seance?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWGaPrlFLKG/...tnerchaney
Last year I was actually surprised that Lagoon let the people who were working on Terroride post pics of what was going on. I seem to remember a post or two on here that was said to be for Dracula's castle. The fact they have been 'oddly silent' makes me wonder if it is happening. Anyway we will know in a little over a month.
I only remember the Dracula's Castle reference in that podcast you found. And even then they just called it "another dark ride" or something, instead of saying the name. But what else could it be, right?
In addition to that podcast there were several posts about this troll intended for Dracula's Castle.

• A distinct name
  • Describes the ride