Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2019?
(01-30-2019, 01:14 AM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I was thinking back, and started feeling a little sad about the old Dracula's Castle. I remember riding it once around 2008, or 2009 and seeing Dracula where the were wolves were now, and a skeleton reaper on top of a pile of skulls that jumped at you, and some other things. It was really fun and my favorite ride for the next while, and I don't remember when, but once they replaced Dracula and put him outside, and added the dragon and the wolves, I was a little disappointed, but I knew it needed a slight change. I started really liking it, the wolfs being one of my favorite parts of the ride along with the dragon, and sparky also being the creepiest to me. When it got changed in 2017, I felt like it lost most of it nostalgia, detail, and cool scenes.

I bet for you old timers, the old Draculas castle was around 2000 and 2001, but I just miss the old/not to long ago castle. I was fine when they re-did Terror Ride, but if they re do the castle this year, I will feel kind of sad knowing my last ride on it was a bit disappointing. Does anyone else agree with me on this? I can't be the only one who didn't like it these past two years.

I dunno, this sounds like a third world problem, but I still miss it. Does anyone know what year they added the dragon and wolves and put Dracula outside. And does anyone know what the majority of the castle was like around 2006? Because I rode it for my first time that year, and just remember the screaming picture. I am going to guess that they added the dragon and the wolves around 2008.

To me the old Dracula's Castle is the pre-1986 version before they took out the strobe/mirror room and replaced it with the cave. There was a lady getting split down the middle with a table saw near Dracula, and a creepy eye room somewhere in there. At the entrance there was a light up map of the ride supposedly showing where each vehicle was, and no noisy owl. The only things that are still the same are the facade, the picture hallway, the mine, the skull waterfall and the tunnels (except they used to spin of course).

I would love to have a timeline of all the changes to put on the wiki page, but I really have no idea other than the change that was made in 1986.

I want to see that facade last forever, but it's visibly cracked and damaged. It's also connected to the rounded roof of the Patio Gardens building in a weird way that probably wasn't meant to last more than 50 years. Terroride's facade has held up extremely well, it's less detailed, doesn't have overhangs, sits on the roof of the flat building, and appears to have more aggregate in the cement making it sturdier.
I like dark rides

(01-30-2019, 01:14 AM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I was thinking back, and started feeling a little sad about the old Dracula's Castle. I remember riding it once around 2008, or 2009 and seeing Dracula where the were wolves were now, and a skeleton reaper on top of a pile of skulls that jumped at you, and some other things. It was really fun and my favorite ride for the next while, and I don't remember when, but once they replaced Dracula and put him outside, and added the dragon and the wolves, I was a little disappointed, but I knew it needed a slight change. I started really liking it, the wolfs being one of my favorite parts of the ride along with the dragon, and sparky also being the creepiest to me. When it got changed in 2017, I felt like it lost most of it nostalgia, detail, and cool scenes.

I bet for you old timers, the old Draculas castle was around 2000 and 2001, but I just miss the old/not to long ago castle. I was fine when they re-did Terror Ride, but if they re do the castle this year, I will feel kind of sad knowing my last ride on it was a bit disappointing. Does anyone else agree with me on this? I can't be the only one who didn't like it these past two years.

I dunno, this sounds like a third world problem, but I still miss it. Does anyone know what year they added the dragon and wolves and put Dracula outside. And does anyone know what the majority of the castle was like around 2006? Because I rode it for my first time that year, and just remember the screaming picture. I am going to guess that they added the dragon and the wolves around 2008.
Us old timers rode DC when it was a new ride. In the early years Dracula was outside in the turret. I don't remember when the original was removed but I remember he would raise his arm and point. As far as missing pretty much anything inside of there now no I wouldn't. It's old and rundown and in serious need of a makeover. For much of my younger life DC was considered the superior house to terroride. I'm sure it will be that way again.
(01-30-2019, 02:52 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Us old timers rode DC when it was a new ride. In the early years Dracula was outside in the turret. I don't remember when the original was removed but I remember he would raise him arm and point. As far as missing pretty much anything inside of there now no I wouldn't. It's old and rundown and in serious need of a makeover. For much of my younger life DC was considered the superior house to terroride. I'm sure it will be that way again.
Yeah, I wish I could have ridden some version of the original, but I did not move to Idaho until I was about eight, and around that time I rode the castle for the first time. I also agree it needs a make over, and I expect when it happens, it will beat Terror Ride once again. I just wish that in the original's final years it was a little better. There are a-lot of things about the old lagoon I miss, Draculas Castle being one of the biggest, as I just just remember liking the 2011 through 2016 and the 2006-2008( I am guessing.) version a-lot more.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
Let me rephrase what I was saying before. I've heard that Dracula's Castle's facade is cracked and damaged and coming away from the building. You can tell just by looking at it that it's cracked and damaged. Terroride's facade has held up nicely, but Dracula's Castle has issues that need to be dealt with.

What do you think should be done about it? Should they throw money at it in an attempt to fix it, try to build an exact replica, build a completely new one, just let it fall apart, or something else?
I like dark rides

(01-30-2019, 05:42 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Let me rephrase what I was saying before. I've heard that Dracula's Castle's facade is cracked and damaged and coming away from the building. You can tell just by looking at it that it's cracked and damaged. Terroride's facade has held up nicely, but Dracula's Castle has issues that need to be dealt with.

What do you think should be done about it? Should they throw money at it in an attempt to fix it, try to build an exact replica, build a completely new one, just let it fall apart, or something else?

Let it fall apart, the cracks aren't everywhere on the facade.  Lagoon could surprise ut s though and fix the cracks.
(01-30-2019, 05:42 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Let me rephrase what I was saying before. I've heard that Dracula's Castle's facade is cracked and damaged and coming away from the building. You can tell just by looking at it that it's cracked and damaged. Terroride's facade has held up nicely, but Dracula's Castle has issues that need to be dealt with.

What I think they should do is try and fix it, and when it finally breaks, try and build an exact replica. Knowing lagoon, they will probably let it sit there until it breaks, and then last minute make something new. I really like the original façade, so I would like them to put money towards fixing it, so it can last a little longer.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
I think if it was in that bad of shape Lagoon would not of put the time and money into painting it last year.
(01-31-2019, 02:20 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I think if it was in that bad of shape Lagoon would not of put the time and money into painting it last year.
Win

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
This crop from Delorean's recent video shows both a large excavator outside Dracula's Castle and a smaller piece of construction equipment with distinctive black/yellow coloration poking out from under Game Time's canopy. It's probably the back of the mini excavator that was spotted under the canopy a month ago. It's not there for those planters. It's being used inside the building, or at least under the canopy.

Feb 8:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=874]

Jan 9:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=862]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like dark rides

(02-09-2019, 10:00 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: This crop from Delorean's recent video shows both a large excavator outside Dracula's Castle and a smaller piece of construction equipment with distinctive black/yellow coloration poking out from under Game Time's canopy. It's probably the back of the mini excavator that was spotted under the canopy a month ago. It's not there for those planters. It's being used inside the building, or at least under the canopy.

Feb 8:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=874]

Jan 9:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=862]

There is also that white truck there a guy working and a pile of wood in front of game time, they are definately working on dc.