Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2019?
(01-24-2019, 12:02 AM)DeLorean Wrote: So I had a look on my 55inch TV and next to that excavator there is some kind of dark spire. Not sure if it's a tree or something else..I should have got closer. Next time I am going to remember to take pictures

Weird. Maybe it is a prop?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(01-24-2019, 12:02 AM)DeLorean Wrote: So I had a look on my 55inch TV and next to that excavator there is some kind of dark spire. Not sure if it's a tree or something else..I should have got closer. Next time I am going to remember to take pictures

Is it these two trees with ivy or something on the base?
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/4728859...512290264/

If you look at the video around 6:16 you can see one of the square planters in the stairway, but just dirt and an orange tarp where the stairs should be... I think.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrappyDesign/co...in_lagoon/

Something is definitely going down all around the castle. I'm guessing Dracula re-imagined summer 2019 (or at least phase 1).
I like dark rides

(01-24-2019, 12:19 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Is it these two trees with ivy or something on the base?
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/4728859...512290264/

If you look at the video around 6:16 you can see one of the square planters in the stairway, but just dirt and an orange tarp where the stairs should be... I think.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrappyDesign/co...in_lagoon/

Something is definitely going down all around the castle. I'm guessing Dracula re-imagined summer 2019 (or at least phase 1).

Nothing's going on with Dracula's castle!
If it's not going to affect you in 5 years don't spend more than five minutes of your life being angry about it.
(01-24-2019, 12:29 AM)CPrider Wrote: Nothing's going on with Dracula's castle!

Well I can't see inside of it but stuff is happening all around it. Looks like the stairs are being replaced, the concrete in front of it is being dug up, and something is happening in game time.
I like dark rides

I am hoping they are doing something nice over there.
Is that just the max resolution of your camera, or is the poor quality just due to the way it got compressed when it got uploaded? Honestly, from as far away as you are, 720p doesn't let people see much. By way of feedback:

- Ditch the long intro and title cards between scenes; it's just time-wasting. Put text overlays to explain things instead of long fades into/out of black. Intro maybe should be 5 seconds; if people want to read, there's a pause button.

- Ditch the music. It's not necessary, and even more weird when it's there for only part of the video.

- If your camera has any zoom capability, next time up, try getting a better look at all of the track piling up at the west end of Primordial. Can barely make it out from the wide shots, would be cool to see how much is already there.

Oh, and if you think that's "a lot of activity" around the park? LOL... There was hardly anything going on around the park in this video. Wait a month 'til rides are actually being reassembled, then you'll see what "a lot of activity" looks like.

And seriously, there's concrete/asphalt work done around Lagoon every offseason. The stairs/patio area around Castle have long been in need of some work, so I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

We've known for awhile that Biergarten was going to be big; nice to see the shape of the buildings going in, think I'm more excited about that than I am Primordial at this point--and I don't even drink.
(01-24-2019, 01:09 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: The stairs/patio area around Castle have long been in need of some work, so I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

Replacing the stairs is a pretty big deal to me. They've been the first thing I've seen every time I've gone to Lagoon for my whole life. They'd seen better days. Years ago you could see the forced perspective castle with all four turrets from the bottom of the stairs really well, with no booths or overgrown trees blocking the view. The stairs were always part of Dracula's Castle to me.
I like dark rides

Do you think we will get new stairs or will they create a big ramp that isn't as steep as the one they had next to the stairs?
(01-24-2019, 02:01 AM)Willenator Wrote: Do you think we will get new stairs or will they create a big ramp that isn't as steep as the one they had next to the stairs?

A ramp up to ada standards would be a win for the park for sure.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-24-2019, 01:09 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Is that just the max resolution of your camera, or is the poor quality just due to the way it got compressed when it got uploaded?  Honestly, from as far away as you are, 720p doesn't let people see much.  By way of feedback:

- Ditch the long intro and title cards between scenes; it's just time-wasting.  Put text overlays to explain things instead of long fades into/out of black.  Intro maybe should be 5 seconds; if people want to read, there's a pause button.

- Ditch the music.  It's not necessary, and even more weird when it's there for only part of the video.

- If your camera has any zoom capability, next time up, try getting a better look at all of the track piling up at the west end of Primordial.  Can barely make it out from the wide shots, would be cool to see how much is already there.

Oh, and if you think that's "a lot of activity" around the park?  LOL... There was hardly anything going on around the park in this video.  Wait a month 'til rides are actually being reassembled, then you'll see what "a lot of activity" looks like.

And seriously, there's concrete/asphalt work done around Lagoon every offseason.  The stairs/patio area around Castle have long been in need of some work, so I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

We've known for awhile that Biergarten was going to be big; nice to see the shape of the buildings going in, think I'm more excited about that than I am Primordial at this point--and I don't even drink.

Okay... So the Video was in 1080, but I don't know what happened and it got down to 720.
I am new to this and learning something every time I do a video. Plus I am doing this on my own time and money, so it's not going to be a professional job.
I am going to see about replacing the video with a 1080 version, but it's going to take some time to figure it out... Additionally if you don't like reading you can always use the arrow keys to skip ahead.
As far as activity... yes I believe that its a lot of activity for a park that is in it's closed season.
The concrete work was referring to truck by Primordial for the foundation that they are working on.

As far as the stairs goes... they are working a little far back from the stairs from the main entrance. So they must be working on the ones just in front of game time and to the side... And yes it looks like those two trees with the ivy on them is what I was seeing in the video.