Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2019?
Since Joseph Wartnerchaney gave some very mysterious hints about our theory's towards Draculas Castle next year, and the fact that the re-paint for it this year might be another hint that they will re-do it next year, I would say our theory's are correct. I heard somewhere that they might even expand it, but that might just be a rumor, and to do that they would have to take out gametime. What are your predictions and what do you think?
To clarify he didn't say next year. He said when they can, and hopefully in the next few years. I know that was one of the really bad parts so I thought I should clarify.
(09-10-2018, 07:01 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Since Joseph Wartnerchaney gave some very mysterious hints about our theory's towards Draculas Castle next year, and the fact that the re-paint for it this year might be another hint that they will re-do it next year, I would say our theory's are correct. I heard somewhere that they might even expand it, but that might just be a rumor, and to do that they would have to take out gametime. What are your predictions and what do you think?

I had heard that it was in the planning stages and work may start this year unless other things were prioritized first. Others and myself have speculated that they may expand into game time, but I haven't heard that from anybody who would know. JW may have been alluding to it when he said something about keeping stuff from the original ride. There isn't room to keep a lot of stuff and add much more. The Seance facade is kind of interesting here as well. If they did expand into game time they could have facades stretching from the Castle to Seance.

---

Can one of the mods merge this with the other thread? 

[moderator note] Poof! Your wish has been granted! Have a great day.

[jetstar2 note] Thank you!
I like dark rides and I love tacos

Spider 
Given the clues of what wartnerchaney has done so far, and what the terroride is like, what do you think it will be like? If it has the same layout, it has much larger and grander scenes than terroride, so it will be harder to make as much detail as terroride, I think.
(09-10-2018, 10:38 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Given the clues of what wartnerchaney has done so far, and what the terroride is like, what do you think it will be like? If it has the same layout, it has much larger and grander scenes than terroride, so it will be harder to make as much detail as terroride, I think.
I'm thinking the exact opposite. So after listening to the JW panel Dracula's Castle is going to happen and I'm sure he's already had plenty of time to think up lots of ideas on what he'd like to do. I think with the extra space they'll be even more attention to detail.
(09-10-2018, 10:38 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Given the clues of what wartnerchaney has done so far, and what the terroride is like, what do you think it will be like? If it has the same layout, it has much larger and grander scenes than terroride, so it will be harder to make as much detail as terroride, I think.

That's a good question but a bit difficult to answer. I think that Terroride has the same basic kind of story that I'd expect from Dracula's Castle, only instead of going through Mr. Terror's villa and secret torture chamber you'll be going through Dracula's Castle and Graveyard (and maybe the mine underneath it?). I don't think Drac's needs many new doors to divide scenes since there's more sharp corners, but I'd still expect some to be added. Hopefully there will be more cool transitions like the bookcase to the hidden torture chamber and the spike wall. Specifically what kinds of things we'll see, aside from Dracula, is hard to guess. I hope they go for a more surreal blacklight and UV reactive paint kind of ride, but there's no real indication that will happen.

As for the level of detail in a larger space, while you don't necessarily need to see as much detail when things are further away, I think we'll still be getting something quite detailed. The sets in Terroride were built by the Utah Opera Production Studio and here's just one example of the type of thing they can do in a larger space:

[Image: Act-I-e1444628390342.jpg?ssl=1]

*Edit: After actually reading the page I stole that pic from it seems that set was designed by a world famous set designer but I believe the Utah Opera Production Studio would have built/painted that particular copy. That backdrop uses forced perspective which contributes heavily to it looking so awesome.

https://www.theutahreview.com/superb-tal...ras-tosca/

Can anybody tell if this photo was taken in one of Lagoon's shop areas?

If Lagoon happens to be trying to duplicate Bill Tracy's Skull Waterfall for some reason I'd hope they would contact the guys who have the original mold:

http://www.laffinthedark.com/articles/gi...hh_P7.html

But I also want to see the original stay put more than any other thing in the ride.

(09-18-2018, 07:06 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Can anybody tell if this photo was taken in one of Lagoon's shop areas?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1uI8rHNYh/...hare_sheet

If Lagoon happens to be trying to duplicate Bill Tracy's Skull Waterfall for some reason I'd hope they would contact the guys who have the original mold:

http://www.laffinthedark.com/articles/gi...hh_P7.html

But I also want to see the original stay put more than any other thing in the ride.
That looks so cool! I would also like the original to stay "original", but I would also be interested to see how they do it, as I was very impressed with Terroride upon opening. I do miss the old Terroride, and Draculas Castle is something I have great memory's of, so I would like to keep them. Like I said, the re-paint must have something to do with the re-doing of the castle, they just decided to do it early.
(09-18-2018, 08:19 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: That looks so cool! I would also like the original to stay "original", but I would also be interested to see how they do it, as I was very impressed with Terroride upon opening. I do miss the old Terroride, and Draculas Castle is something I have great memory's of, so I would like to keep them. Like I said, the re-paint must have something to do with the re-doing of the castle, they just decided to do it early.

It does look super cool. I hope it is for Lagoon, I just hope it's for something like a facade, a walk-through, new ride vehicles, or as a prop in a dark ride but not a replacement for the skull waterfall.

Lagoon had some very popular permanent walk-through attractions until the 90's. How cool would it be if they built a successor to the haunted shack/fun house in game time and put up a sweet facade there too? With facades all over the patio gardens building and three haunted attractions in there the whole Dracula's Courtyard idea could be expanded too.

(09-18-2018, 08:54 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: It does look super cool. I hope it is for Lagoon, I just hope it's for something like a facade, a walk-through, new ride vehicles, or as a prop in a dark ride but not a replacement for the skull waterfall.

Lagoon had some very popular permanent walk-through attractions until the 90's. How cool would it be if they built a successor to the haunted shack/fun house in game time and put up a sweet facade there too? With facades all over the patio gardens building and three haunted attractions in there the whole Dracula's Courtyard idea could be expanded too.

Four year long haunted houses? Why are you not a ride developer yet? lol. I always thought they should have a year long haunted mansion themed walkthrough in pioneer village, right where the pavilions meet the log flume. I feel like your idea has more of a chance of happening though.