Lagoon Improvements
(05-09-2017, 12:37 AM)linearinduction Wrote: They've been doing this for several years now....thought everyone on here knew about it. Cedar Point does(did) wristbands with 48" and 54" on it that you could get in Park Ops if you had any issues at rides. Once officially measured and receive a wristband, it's easy sailing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I wish Lagoon would switch to wristbands, it seems more practical plus they never fade... Anyone know why not?
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
(05-09-2017, 12:27 AM)Willenator Wrote: WHAT?! Why have I never heard of this before?!

Yep! That's what the height stick is for in Guest Services. Just take your kid in, say they need to be measured, and they'll get a stamp on their left hand that is both color-coded for each height band and has the height band in inches (e.g. "36" or "46", etc.). After that, they're all set, no more measuring at the rides.
(05-09-2017, 12:39 AM)Wick Wrote: Because no one ever mentions it! Like I said, they have a legit measuring stick. Guest Services, check it out!

Previously they used to just give a Ride Manager/Coordinator Business Card with a note on the back.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-09-2017, 12:40 AM)Wick Wrote: I wish Lagoon would switch to wristbands, it seems more practical plus they never fade... Anyone know why not?

Kids hate wristbands, and have a strong tendency to tear them off, has been my experience.
(05-09-2017, 12:43 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Kids hate wristbands, and have a strong tendency to tear them off, has been my experience.

I suppose that makes sense, since Lagoon is a family oriented park...
(05-09-2017, 12:43 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Kids hate wristbands, and have a strong tendency to tear them off, has been my experience.
Was never a problem at Cedar Point, and Tyvek Wristbands aren't all that easy to take off, which is why they are used in Water Parks, like LAB. Also never had a problem at Cowabunga Bay either.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Can LAB please add a Tornado, that would be awesome!
(05-09-2017, 12:46 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Was never a problem at Cedar Point, and Tyvek Wristbands aren't all that easy to take off, which is why they are used in Water Parks, like LAB. Also never had a problem at Cowabunga Bay either.

True, but I've learned never to underestimate the resourcefulness of preschool-aged children.
Another thing that would be nice, cubbies at rides, like the ones for Rocket. I've seen this a lot at other parks. It seems logical rather than sending away guests to far away lockers...  I think they are hesitant to do this because they feel things can be easily stolen, but at ride like The Bat, where there is a single train, it seems ideal.
(05-09-2017, 12:58 AM)Wick Wrote: Another thing that would be nice, cubbies at rides, like the ones for Rocket. I've seen this a lot at other parks. It seems logical rather than sending away guests to far away lockers...  I think they are hesitant to do this because they feel things can be easily stolen, but at ride like The Bat, where there is a single train, it seems ideal.

Especially at Skycoaster. I've never understood why they won't put lockers there, especially as stingy as they are these days about items in pockets and not letting you leave items on the cabinets in the garage (which we always used to allow). There are several times I've skipped buying a ticket because I didn't want to have to hike all the way up to Cannibal and get a locker there to put my keys & wallet in.