Lagoon Improvements
(10-28-2017, 02:52 PM)Willenator Wrote: I keep hoping Lagoon isn't only moving the ride but surprising us with a newer Enterprise model. I doubt it will happen, but I can dream.

I will say this:  I looked, and I didn't see it being stored out in the open anywhere.  Assuming it's probably in a pavilion or trailers already.  As of today, the concrete slab is largely broken up & in the process of being removed (there's are a couple of backhoes and in there).

Looks like there's a large gravel pad being put in immediately to the west of the new north restrooms.  Coincidentally, it looks to be just about the right size for Screamer.

Here's a couple of photos from around the park today:

Screamer's old location:

Log Flume's new stained siding:

More teardown at Hydro:

The Hydro Luge picture with the missing runouts looks so weird to me.
(10-28-2017, 07:42 PM)Willenator Wrote: The Hydro Luge picture with the missing runouts looks so weird to me.

Agreed! Now I'm starting to believe it's really happening.  Shocked
I don't get the point of a partial fence around Screamer. The campground can clearly see what's going on.
I thought that was weird too since it looks like they are trying to block people from seeing what is going on.
When I was there with Vince Saturday a ride sup yelled at for us peeking in there.
You should have been like "sorry. We'll go over to the campground to look"
(10-29-2017, 10:12 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: When I was there with Vince Saturday a ride sup yelled at for us peeking in there.

Lol. They should out signs that say do not look. Nothing is going on here.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
[quote='jetstar2' pid='75421' dateline='1508566948']
As much as I want to see a dark ride/roller coaster in a mountain, I'm pretty well convinced that what we're really going to get is this:

If that includes dark-ride elements and a mountain as was originally planned for the roller coaster, I won't be disappointed.

Anybody have any opinions or guesses about what's coming up?

I really hope you're wrong about this being what they're adding. I'm with you and really want a new dark ride. Lagoon has not added one since the seventies.
(10-29-2017, 01:00 PM)crooks.mark Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 12:22 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: As much as I want to see a dark ride/roller coaster in a mountain, I'm pretty well convinced that what we're really going to get is this:

If that includes dark-ride elements and a mountain as was originally planned for the roller coaster, I won't be disappointed.

Anybody have any opinions or guesses about what's coming up?

I really hope you're wrong about this being what they're adding. I'm with you and really want a new dark ride. Lagoon has not added one since the seventies.
New developments lead me to think I probably am wrong about that... I have heard four different things now, three different types of roller coaster, and this. At this point I have no clue what it will be other than probably a roller coaster of some sort. I really hope it is dark-ride-ish, whatever it is.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name