Lagoon Improvements
In your opinion, what do you think Lagoon needs to improve on?
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
I'm going to go out with a few unconventional things that you probably wouldn't expect, because frankly I think they're doing a really good job in ride selection and variety:

#1:  Food Choices
Lagoon desperately needs a wider variety of healthier food choices, especially for those who may be limited in their carb intake.  I've complained about this one before, but seriously:  go to Lagoon with a diabetic and see how blindingly frustrating it is to try & have a bite to eat that won't destroy your blood sugar control.  I think it's fine to have the normal carnival fare, but there really need to be some low-carb choices.  Well-designed salads would be tremendous.  Better non-fried, non-breaded proteins with veggies would be an outstanding choice.  Stuff like that.

Along that same vein, Lagoon desperately needs more a) seated dining, and b) covered dining.  Sometimes it's nice to go have a seat somewhere with the family and have a bite to eat for a break.  There's not nearly enough seating near food stands, and I'd kill for a good indoor restaurant or two to go eat in to get out of the crowds for a minute.

#2:  Minimum Ride Height Checks
I hadn't noticed this 'til the last year or two as we've had family members in the transitional heights, but holy f#%^ing crap are Lagoon's ride height signs a pile of work.  And it's not just us:  I've heard it from other guests, as recently as this past weekend.  Guests' "height" can vary by as much as an inch around the park depending on the ride you're at, and with somebody borderline, that can lead to some ridiculous frustrations and temper tantrums.  And the kids don't like it, either.  That's not helped by having signs that need to be eyeballed and can be affected by your viewing angle or what weird bump there is in the pavement.

Ride height signs need to use a physical measurement (i.e. something you have to stand under to see if you are taller/shorter than an actual object, not back up against a sign and see if you look close enough), and need to be accurately placed so there's better consistency between rides.

#3:  Midway Flow
Lagoon's getting crowded, and the midway really needs to flow better in some areas.  There are so many choke points around the park now, that on a busier day, you don't really have anywhere to walk to get from A to B, but get stuck in traffic packs.  Trying to get from PV over to Carousel Plaza for a bite?  Good luck with that.  If you have a stroller, it may as well be the Hunger Games.

I get wanting to not have wasted space, but there's lots to be said for enough open space in the midway to allow traffic flow, and there are definitely some shortcomings there right now.
They should measure kids once at the gate and give them a different stamp with their height on it.
#1 I agree so much with this. Lagoon is filled with tons and tons of fat,unhealthy, fried food. Of course it can be a delicious treat every now and then, but when you are there daily (like I am) it can wear on you. I do appreciate how lagoon allows food to be brought in from outside. Not only can it be more healthy, but much cheaper as well. 

#2 The truth I have learned from working at Lagoon is just this. Ride measuring signs are very inconsistent. If you ever have a child who is borderline, go to guest services and they will give a true measurement with a extra hand stamp telling employees they have been measured properly and to ignore the signs. 
Also something many people do not know, many rides at Lagoon have height limits many inches taller then the manufacturers require. If your child is ever borderline on being able to ride, ask to speak to a manager, and they usually allow them to ride because of this. Just be polite!

#3 I really would love to see Lagoon remove the asphalt on all the midway and replace it with concrete. In my opinion they need to make Cannibal easier to get to.

Also, more bathrooms.
(05-09-2017, 12:02 AM)Brăden Wrote: They should measure kids once at the gate and give them a different stamp with their height on it.

Whats funny is that just north of the entrance you can, but I feel like it's never mentioned to guests.
(05-09-2017, 12:05 AM)Wick Wrote: Whats funny is that just north of the entrance you can, but I feel like it's never mentioned to guests.

Yeah, we know about that one, but a surprising amount of guests don't. Unfortunately, the ink they use for it is nowhere near as indelible as the ink used for entrance hand stamps, and they're illegible the first time you get them wet. If you're unlucky to be there on a rainy day, the height stamps WILL be embedded into clothing within an hour.
(05-09-2017, 12:10 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Yeah, we know about that one, but a surprising amount of guests don't. Unfortunately, the ink they use for it is nowhere near as indelible as the ink used for entrance hand stamps, and they're illegible the first time you get them wet. If you're unlucky to be there on a rainy day, the height stamps WILL be embedded into clothing within an hour.

That should be a pretty easy fix huh, post a few signs, get new ink. That would save attendants and guests a lot of time and hassle.
But of course things aren't that easy... Cry
(05-09-2017, 12:05 AM)Wick Wrote: Whats funny is that just north of the entrance you can, but I feel like it's never mentioned to guests.

WHAT?! Why have I never heard of this before?!
(05-09-2017, 12:27 AM)Willenator Wrote: WHAT?! Why have I never heard of this before?!

They've been doing this for several years now....thought everyone on here knew about it. Cedar Point does(did) wristbands with 48" and 54" on it that you could get in Park Ops if you had any issues at rides. Once officially measured and receive a wristband, it's easy sailing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-09-2017, 12:27 AM)Willenator Wrote: WHAT?! Why have I never heard of this before?!

Because no one ever mentions it! Like I said, they have a legit measuring stick. Guest Services, check it out!