Terroride "A Classic Reimagined"
(09-25-2017, 08:09 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Somebody pointed out that the bottom back left corner of every Terroride car is damaged. I heard it was because the re-imagining wasn't measured quite right and the cars were hitting props. That can't be right because the damage is on the back. I noticed there's a little handle at the bottom front right of every car for lifting the front end off the track. If you lifted the car too far, the damaged area would be the first to hit the ground, so I think that's probably the cause. I think they lift the cars up each night to put them away.

Has anybody out there had to lift the cars?

Interesting observation...
(09-26-2017, 12:10 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Interesting observation...

Win

Luke did some serious examination of each car on Saturday.  Wink
(09-26-2017, 12:10 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Interesting observation...

I've had to. If you're careful it shouldn't hit the ground, but it easily could still be the culprit. They are also banged into the storage door if you miscalculate the turn.  And the cars are just parked inside; there isn't room to take all of them off and it would take too long.
Thanks! I have a couple of other questions if you can answer them.

Is there one handle to lift it or two?
What does the car look like underneath?
How do you get the tire over/past the rail when it goes into storage?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(09-26-2017, 11:09 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks! I have a couple of other questions if you can answer them.

Luke u should get a job in maintenance, then u could work on the cars and know everything about them.
(09-27-2017, 12:06 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Luke u should get a job in maintenance, then u could work on the cars and know everything about them.

It would be cool to get to know a bunch of stuff, but I'd be bad at it and the commute would suck.
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
(09-26-2017, 11:09 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks! I have a couple of other questions if you can answer them.

I never worked Terroride (in Rides nor Maintenance), but if they're anything like the Castle cars (and judging by the track, I'm sure they are)...

To take the cars off the track, there's a small (maybe 18"-24" long) removable section of the electric track that's taken up, allowing the guides/electrical brushes to be "derailed".  After that, you just push the car forward 'til the brushes are off, pivot the car to the side, and push the drive wheels over the rail.  On Castle, you'd move the cars around by just lifting them up by the bumpers onto their back wheels & maneuvering it around.  Reverse the process to install a car.  I think (but may be suffering from foggy old memory, so correct me if I'm wrong) that Castle's cars actually get stored semi-vertically (on their ends) in the shop (between the station and the tunnel) to save space.
Thanks!

I once saw a Dracula's Castle car propped up against a wall semi-vertical in some sort of small room at the ride. That's what made me realize the purpose of the handle I saw on Terroride. I'm guessing there's another handle on the opposite side of the car that's hard to see.

If you actually have to lift one wheel over the rail that might also be what caused the damage to Terroride's cars.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride

There are supposed to be two handles, but some of them only have one cause they can break. Underneath, most of what you see is a little swivel type thing (this allows the car to turn) with contactors that touch the track to provide power. This is also where you'll find the wheels that run along the track. The motor is in the back of the car underneath the seat. To take it off, all you have to do is pull up on the front of the car and it pops off. From there, just be strong and roll the tire over the rail, similar to if you were to drive up onto a curb
(09-30-2017, 03:25 AM)2319 Wrote: There are supposed to be two handles, but some of them only have one cause they can break. Underneath, most of what you see is a little swivel type thing (this allows the car to turn) with contactors that touch the track to provide power. This is also where you'll find the wheels that run along the track. The motor is in the back of the car underneath the seat. To take it off, all you have to do is pull up on the front of the car and it pops off. From there, just be strong and roll the tire over the rail, similar to if you were to drive up onto a curb

Thanks a ton for the info! I really, really appreciate it.
I do have one last question about the cars. This picture of the hushpuppy coffin cars (Thanks Bill Tracy Project!) shows that the motor is parallel to the axle and they are connected by a belt:

When I look at the back of Terroride's cars I see a different kind of gearbox right in the center of the axle. It looks like something that would be connected to a central drive shaft on a small truck. It leads me to guess that Terroride's motor is connected directly to the gearbox at a 90 degree angle from the axle. Can you confirm the orientation of the motor relative to the axle?
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride