Terroride "A Classic Reimagined"
(03-01-2017, 10:31 PM)DragonFire101AP Wrote: I rode that ride a couple years ago. I have no desire to ride it again. I'm really iffy about scary stuff

I don't know who Lagoon got to work on the ride, but I'm betting it's going to have less jump scares and be a little more 'disney-esque'. I just hope it isn't turned into an interactive shooter. Bill Tracy's 1960's gags are probably scarier (and sexier) than what people would put in a dark ride today. I'm hoping for bigger more visible colorful scenes, a new or retro mural in the loading area, and no messing with the vehicles aside from possibly fixing their sound systems.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(03-01-2017, 11:03 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I don't know who Lagoon got to work on the ride, but I'm betting it's going to have less jump scares and be a little more 'disney-esque'. I just hope it isn't turned into an interactive shooter. Bill Tracy's 1960's gags are probably scarier (and sexier) than what people would put in a dark ride today. I'm hoping for bigger more visible colorful scenes, a new or retro mural in the loading area, and no messing with the vehicles aside from possibly fixing their sound systems.
Well we should know in about three weeks what's been changed. That is if it's done. I don't see them turning this into an interactive shooter. I I would think that would require a new vehicle system. I don't think the ride vehicles could be retrofitted.
If by chance Lagoon hired Sally Corp to do it, they already have experience equipping Bill Tracy Hushpuppy vehicles like those in the Terroride with guns and a score counter. Hope it doesn't happen.

Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Having sound again would be awesome. I'm also afraid that they'll make it less Tracy-esque.
(03-02-2017, 01:51 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: If by chance Lagoon hired Sally Corp to do it, they already have experience equipping Bill Tracy Hushpuppy vehicles like those in the Terroride with guns and a score counter. Hope it doesn't happen.

That looks horrible! Yes lets hope that is not what happens to Terror ride....
(03-02-2017, 03:38 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: That looks horrible!

Oh, come on:  I mean, the hat's a little much, but...
I sure hope not. I think Lagoon has more sense than to destroy terroride like that.......
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I'm crossing my fingers that this is more of a revitalization of Terroride rather than redoing it completely.
(03-02-2017, 01:16 PM)Willenator Wrote: I'm crossing my fingers that this is more of a revitalization of Terroride rather than redoing it completely.

Win
The info I've heard on it, I think everyone will be very happy with the changes to the ride. Let's just all keep a positive mind to the changes.