If Lagoon could add anythin, what would you want them to add?
(04-13-2017, 09:52 AM)Z Wrote: Beyond that, in the deal Lagoon cut with Farmington to shut down Lagoon Lane, which allowed the creation of all the east end pavilions and connected Lagoon's properties, they were required to establish the Lagoon trail. The bridges that they used on the north end of the Lagoon trail were used for traversing Farmington Creek in the area of RSR. The railroad wasn't rebuilt because the master plan for the area at the time also included RSR, making the PVRR (Old Ironsides) a useless expenditure, since it would have been in the way in a few years anyway and the bridges were better used to meet the trail commitment.

I still want the mine car roller coaster in Pioneer Village. The large animal pen is just the right size to fit it as well. Unfortunately, Farmington City has allowed construction of some high end homes at the back end of lots on Main Street though, reducing the likelihood of this happening.

-Z
There were plans that had the PVRR, RSR, and the Lagoon Trail, as I've seen them with my own eyes. RSR would have been shifted west from it's current location, Lake 2 would have been where the Mining Town Terraces are, and Baseball Diamonds where RSR's Station currently is. This is the same plans Braden has on Lagoon History with the relocated Green Houses. Additionally, the original plans for the Mine Train were to have it directly behind the castle bathrooms.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-13-2017, 01:16 PM)Z Wrote: I'm with you. The one house might as well have a cantilevered dining area that runs over the top of the trail considering how they located it. We have not been as enamored with the south end of the trail for some time, favoring the forest and bridges of the north half. The homes on the south end tilt it even more in favor of the north end.

-Z

Win

I definitely agree with you. Those large houses are horrible eye-sores.
(04-13-2017, 02:13 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There were plans that had the PVRR, RSR, and the Lagoon Trail, as I've seen them with my own eyes. RSR would have been shifted west from it's current location, Lake 2 would have been where the Mining Town Terraces are, and Baseball Diamonds where RSR's Station currently is. This is the same plans Braden has on Lagoon History with the relocated Green Houses. Additionally, the original plans for the Mine Train were to have it directly behind the castle bathrooms.

Braden's discussion talks about the multiple plan submissions. I believe that they did intend to re-establish the PVRR, but I think it was negotiated out of the plans. I don't know if you have ever been on Farmington Main St. on a quiet Sunday afternoon, but often the silence is broken by the whistle of a train more than the screams of people on rides. I don't think the Main St. crowd was interested in having the train push further to the east. However, I think that Lagoon would have liked to have had a train in PV. I think that three trains was two trains too many. Perhaps the grand loop discussed on Braden's page would have worked better, but the multiple crossing issue, as he mentioned, is problematic.

I do have questions about the Mine Train plans you saw. Which bathrooms are the castle bathrooms? What was the scale they were proposing. I think a mine train fits really well into PV, if they can incorporate some kind of sound mitigation.

-Z
(04-14-2017, 11:16 AM)Z Wrote: Braden's discussion talks about the multiple plan submissions. I believe that they did intend to re-establish the PVRR, but I think it was negotiated out of the plans. I don't know if you have ever been on Farmington Main St. on a quiet Sunday afternoon, but often the silence is broken by the whistle of a train more than the screams of people on rides. I don't think the Main St. crowd was interested in having the train push further to the east. However, I think that Lagoon would have liked to have had a train in PV. I think that three trains was two trains too many. Perhaps the grand loop discussed on Braden's page would have worked better, but the multiple crossing issue, as he mentioned, is problematic.

I do have questions about the Mine Train plans you saw. Which bathrooms are the castle bathrooms? What was the scale they were proposing. I think a mine train fits really well into PV, if they can incorporate some kind of sound mitigation.

-Z

The Castle Bathrooms are the ones just east and slightly south of the Bat. Used to be the nicest on the park. I do think a mine train coaster in PV would be awesome. I think something like Fire Chaser Express at Dollywood would be awesome back there.

The train whistle can be heard at my in-laws house up on the Farmington Bench south of the park.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(04-14-2017, 11:16 AM)Z Wrote: Braden's discussion talks about the multiple plan submissions. I believe that they did intend to re-establish the PVRR, but I think it was negotiated out of the plans. I don't know if you have ever been on Farmington Main St. on a quiet Sunday afternoon, but often the silence is broken by the whistle of a train more than the screams of people on rides. I don't think the Main St. crowd was interested in having the train push further to the east. However, I think that Lagoon would have liked to have had a train in PV. I think that three trains was two trains too many. Perhaps the grand loop discussed on Braden's page would have worked better, but the multiple crossing issue, as he mentioned, is problematic.

-Z
The PVRR Right of Way wasn't changed in these plans I saw. Also, the Grade Crossings were not a Safety Issue, as the Main Crossing into PV was the same as the Tidal Wave Crossing with an Attendant and Automatic Air Gates. The "mine train" plans were small and very rudamentary.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Ok I'm going to split this into different parts. 1. I would like a multilevel entrance building located to the west of Double Thunder Raceway. 2. Roller Coasters: I would like 15 more roller coasters in the following locations 1. East of Hydro Ludge (not sure what type), 2. Inverted Wild Mouse located where Music Express is now, 3. Inverted spinning coaster where Music USA is now, 4. 4D coaster in the area currently occupied by: Boomerang, Paratroopers, Tilt a Whirl, and Scrambler. 5. Inverted looping coaster over the water, 6. Inverted kiddie coaster under the south end of the Bat, 7. Top Hat coaster located to the south of DTR with the loading station being on the first floor of the entrance building, 8. Flying coaster located to the west of Spider, 9. Inverted launch coaster to the west of the current entrance, 10. Inverted beyond vertical coaster to the north of the Roller Coaster, 11. Pipeline coaster east of the Bat, 12. Mine train coaster in the middle of Rattlesnake Rapids with a wall on the east side to block sound, 13. Stand up coaster west of Wicked, 14. Inverted stand up coaster west of the stand up coaster, and 15. Inverted top hat on the west side of the current car park.
2. Rides in Kiddie Land. 2 rides where Baby Boats and part of Red barron sit, 1 ride to the north of the main entrance to Pioneer Village, 1 between Dinosaur Drop and the entrance to the water park with the line going between the Moonraker and the Dinosaur Drop, 1 between Flying Tigers and Ruka Safari, 1 north of the Tipsey Tea cups, and a few where the Carousel theatre currently sits.( I would like a new theatre in one of the upper levels of the new entrance building.
3. Flat rides. East of Wild Mouse, between Spider and Fire Dragon, where the current South Sky Ride Loading Station is located, west of Samurai, where Catapult is located, southwest of the Rocket, south of where Scrambler is currently, where the opera house is, south of where Dracula's Castle is currently, in the northwest corner of Dracula's Castle, and to the south of the current entrance.
4. Other rides. Indoor water ride where Hydro Ludge is now, East-West Sky ride going from the 2nd floor of the Entrance building to near the north entrance to Pioneer Village, The Pioneer Village RailRoad rebuilt in pretty much the same location as before, and the Speedway Sr. brought back and located above DTR with the entrance on the first floor of the entrance building